2007 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Massive and frequent transmiss

2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo CVT Automatic)

Massive and frequent transmission failures
By cnd1 on

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A more detailed report of my experience has been posted on NHTSA.GOV. The first transmission failed and was replaced under OEM warranty by an authorized Audi dealer at 36,120 miles. It continued to have mechanical issues such as shuttering, vibration, hesitation, leaks, etc. The 2nd transmission failed at 55,600 miles (less than 20,000 miles on the "new" transmission) while on the freeway traveling at 70 MPH. It occurred without warning. The car shifted into park, bucked and refused to accelerate. The 3rd transmission was installed under the Audi Pure Platinum Protection service, and after only 1,000 miles on the "new" transmission. it is showing signs of failing again.

Favorite Features

Little redeeming factors with a car that has been serviced more than 15 times in the three years I have owned it.

Suggested Improvements

Apparently the CVT transmission for this vehicle is known to be problematic. I am unaware if this has been resolved in the newer models. I can say that based on my experience, Audi Customer Relations cares little about the reliability, safety and performance of their vehicles.