Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Good car
By A4inATL

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this from Carmax with about 29k on it. Had it mostly a year here in Atlanta. Got the 2wd 6 spd manny with S- line interior. Great car but I agree with everyone on the turbo lag issue. If I'm driving in rush hour in a 20 mph lane and want to merge into a 40 mph lane -- I sweat a bit. This car doesn't seem to have that low-end acceleration one requires to dart in and out of traffic which is unfortunate because the A4 handles so well. I've gotten more than a few "birds" as I merge into traffic in 3rd and watch the RPM go soaring and the speedo move nary a tick as the drivers behind me hit their brakes. I may try to wind it up more in 2nd, but it doesn't seem one should drive on the highway.

Favorite Features

Interior, handling, appearance, brakes, sound system, mileage (high 20s in mixed city/hwy driving)

Suggested Improvements

Make those backup lights bigger/brighter and more low-end acceleration

Sold on Audi
By Ron

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This has been a great car for me. I bought it used as a CPO 2 years ago. I have to add 1/2 quart of oil just before my oil change, not a big deal for how great this car is. This car has great visibility (minimal blind spots). No repairs needed so far on this A4. I definitely recommend this car!

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, power and ride.

Suggested Improvements

The speedometer reads 4mph faster than real speed. Dealership said it is legal and cannot be fixed.

This car will cost you your sanity!!
By Dee

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved the speed and the handling of this car. I say 'loved' because I traded it in at a loss.The reliability of this car? Close to zero.Started with brake lights,replaced 3 times.The oil consumption is beyond ridiculous,to the point I had to carry extra oil in the trunk for every 1300- 1500 miles!4 ignition coils replaced. Then the fuel pump sensor stranded me on an exit ramp, car would rev but not move an inch!Prepare for $100+ oil changes in ADDITION to fixing the things they say are 'normal.'This car will cost you your sanity,your money and possibly safety.I am so disappointed in Audi,if they cared they would address the issues,not say it's 'normal! NEVER again would I buy AUDI! N-E-V-E-R!

Favorite Features

The handling and pickup was GREAT...when it worked.The oil consumption I was willing to live with,but I think the consumption eventually paved the way to the other problems.Prepare to carry oil in your trunk if you buy this car.But, be smart and DON'T BUY IT!

Suggested Improvements

Stop telling your customers the oil drinking of this car is within reason, Audi!Take a page from the Toyota book, and get your act together. Your customers deserve more from a luxury car line. Did you learn nothing from your issues in the 80's?

buyer beware
By jill

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wish I had researched my certified preowned 2007 Audi A4 2.0T before buying in 8/09. Have been to the dealer once for a check engine light and twice for burning through oil every 2000miles. On top of that, the rear seat squeaks like crazy, and I'm unhappy with the "turbo lag. And the best part is...these are all "normal"

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

oil consumption

Beware of Oil Consumption
By WhiteOak

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a great car, in principle. Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, great design and quality of workmanship - all what you would expect. What one would not expect is the oil consumption: the 2007 A4 2.0T engine's "normal" oil consumption is one quart every 1200 miles. Yes 1,200, not 12,000. I have had my car in the shop multiple times for this but Audi claims this is normal. They register my concern, find some faulty engine parts they replace but then send me on my way without fixing anything. So if you buy this car, be ready to drive around with a case of oil in the trunk.

Favorite Features

fun to drive in Sports Mode bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

design a new engine and help those that are stuck with the 07 2.0T difficult to open/close the trunk (this has been fixed in the 2010 model) doors are very "heavy" to operate