2007 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Sold on Audi
By Ron on 04/15/10 00:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This has been a great car for me. I bought it used as a CPO 2 years ago. I have to add 1/2 quart of oil just before my oil change, not a big deal for how great this car is. This car has great visibility (minimal blind spots). No repairs needed so far on this A4. I definitely recommend this car!

This car will cost you your sanity!!
By Dee on 03/06/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved the speed and the handling of this car. I say 'loved' because I traded it in at a loss.The reliability of this car? Close to zero.Started with brake lights,replaced 3 times.The oil consumption is beyond ridiculous,to the point I had to carry extra oil in the trunk for every 1300- 1500 miles!4 ignition coils replaced. Then the fuel pump sensor stranded me on an exit ramp, car would rev but not move an inch!Prepare for $100+ oil changes in ADDITION to fixing the things they say are 'normal.'This car will cost you your sanity,your money and possibly safety.I am so disappointed in Audi,if they cared they would address the issues,not say it's 'normal! NEVER again would I buy AUDI! N-E-V-E-R!

buyer beware
By jill on 02/13/10 22:20 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wish I had researched my certified preowned 2007 Audi A4 2.0T before buying in 8/09. Have been to the dealer once for a check engine light and twice for burning through oil every 2000miles. On top of that, the rear seat squeaks like crazy, and I'm unhappy with the "turbo lag. And the best part is...these are all "normal"

Beware of Oil Consumption
By WhiteOak on 02/12/10 10:18 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a great car, in principle. Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, great design and quality of workmanship - all what you would expect. What one would not expect is the oil consumption: the 2007 A4 2.0T engine's "normal" oil consumption is one quart every 1200 miles. Yes 1,200, not 12,000. I have had my car in the shop multiple times for this but Audi claims this is normal. They register my concern, find some faulty engine parts they replace but then send me on my way without fixing anything. So if you buy this car, be ready to drive around with a case of oil in the trunk.

Don't buy this car!
By Nan on 12/29/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in my BMW for the A4 2.0T. Big mistake!!! The A4 is ho hum boring to drive, no power, can't handle a turn, biggest mistake I ever made buying the A4. Audi is dreaming if they think their A4 2.0T compares to a BMW ride. I'm miserable with the A4.

New Transmission
By USAE9Ret on 12/26/09 16:08 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When we test drove the vehicle we did not notice the hesitation when accelerating from a stop. Mainly because we did not encounter any situation where we needed to hurry into or across an intersection. After purchase and we began to drive the vehicle under normal conditions the hesitation was scary. The engine RPM was increasing but the car was not going. The dealer told it that it was the "new transmission". Therefore, nothing has been done to correct the problem. Pretty junky for such a renowned and expensive car. Month later the radio dies and the replacement is junky.

Fantastic car, minor niggles
By b7a42007 on 11/27/09 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

After driving this car fairly hard and accumulating about 37,000 miles, I can honestly say it has been a great ride. The tires will wear down very fast if you push them hard - I had to replace my first set after just 10 months. Also, rear legroom is tight and I suggest changing the oil every 4,000 miles contrary to the dealer-recommended 10,000 mile interval. Wish the exhaust note was a little more inspiring too. Tires can squeak easy if pulling into traffic fast and ride can be a bit crashing on bad surfaces. Stability control is excellent and has saved me on multiple occasions from slipping off the highway ramps! Most important is how beautiful the car looks too!

Very Pleased Overall
By Angelica on 11/11/09 07:27 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I opted to purchase the A4 after comparing with the BMW 3 series (325) after test driving both and am still very pleased with my choice. The suspension is very tight providing a fun yet comfortable drive and the acceleration is satisfactory due to the turbo. I would love more power, but this is something you must pay for, and for the price, I feel very satisfied. Like other reviewers, I have had the issue of burning through oil, going nearly dry between changes and the issue of squeaky brakes also reported. I also think that the internal dash readouts and controls both aesthetically and ergonomically could use improvement, even compared to VW. Overall, I still love the car.

Bad 2.0 FSI Motor
By Car Business on 10/13/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Owning an Audi has its highs and lows just as any other make out on the road. I have had some fun with my 2007 A4, it is very comfortable for all types of driving. Unfortunately, the FSI motors that Audi drops in these cars are garbage. Power is fine, handeling is impeccable, solid running motor, but HUGE OIL ISSUES. In most of the A4's FSI motor, the rings around the pistons are bad causing oil to burn rapidly right out of your exhaust. Just look at your tailpipes and you will see what I'm talking about. If you look at all the other Audi vehicles, only the A4 has this problem. If you are changing your oil every 1500-2000 miles contact Audi USA for your Engine Replacement.

Awesome Minus
By Audi on 09/11/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just got the car about 5 months ago. It's been great and everything, it drives great. The engine is kind of noisy... The muffler tips get black quickly no clue why.. Mine is automatic. It's fun to drive comfortable and everything. When coming to a stop and it's about to downshift from 3rd to 2nd the car shakes. Also turbo lag at start. Wish it had just a little bit more power. But it's enough.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.