Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

110,000 miles
By mike5555

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had a couple of smaller issues.

Oil has been ok but as they car ages it uses more. 1 quart every 4-5K at 110K

PCV console latch and poor leather trim with leather cracking twice.

Tires last 50K or more 30MPG or more.

Brakes - fronts replace at 93k orginal rear

Turbo diverter valve went at 93K

Cruise control brake switch at 85K

Timing belt replaced at 105K

All in all it has not been bad as nothing mechanical went until it had >85k

coil packs replaced as part of recall.

The car has done well for it's class. It's a daily driver with economy, comfort, and style.

The fact that it does everything well... good mileage, comfort, handling, and I have never taken it in prior to the 10K interval. The car is set up well even traction control comes on when you are about to have an issue. My G35 came on way too soon and took all the power out of the car. The model I got was a great combination of economy and reliability for a premium car. Longevity is my favorite aspect. I will keep it till it gets too expensive to repair. I also like the fact that I am not easy on a car and it has held up well. Great braking for a car in this class

More power but the newer 2.0T has considerable amount of torque. 253 vs. 211. Get better leather or change vendors. If they cut more corners they will cause more issues.

Love it -- BUT the Oil!!!
By rrli

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car. I bought it as a certified pre-owned - I've had it about 1 1/2 years now.
Love driving it BUT about every 1000-1200 miles the oil light goes on and I have to constantly put oil in.
I have never heard of such a thing before.
AUDI tells me that is normal for this type of "high performance" vehicle.
I think NOT --
- I still love the car but I don't think I would have bought it if I knew this.

fun to drive

Fix the oil problem

Loved this car, until I realized it has a serious oil consumption problem which Audi has been dismissing for 2 years.
By a4burnsoil

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loved this car, enough that I purchased it off the lease after 3 years.
Biggest mistake ever.
I have been bringing it for oil consumption problems since Oct 2009 and been more than casually dismissed after wasting a lot of time and worry.
Past 3 times I have burned more than a quart of oil after driving only 600-700 miles.
Audi keeps giving me the run around (Fletcher Jones Audi Chicago has consistently given me the worst customer service of my life).
They keep making me bring it back for oil consumption tests which have been repeatedly performed and telling me there is nothing wrong with it.
I am at a loss and have written to Better Business Bureau and the Audi USA customer service.

Appearance, drive.

Excessive oil consumption is a deal-breaker. Audi customer service has been the worst I have ever dealt with in any consumer arena.

Feeling a bit worried ...
By ermias01

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok, here is the scoop - I love my 2007 Audi A4 Quatrrrrro ... fun to drive, great fuel economy and a definite head turner ... I bought is used with 50K miles August of 2010 - and I just got my check engine light January 2011.
Initial symptoms were engine misfire (temp outside was -11 F ccooooold) ... so I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they had to replace some valve because of fault $257 later, it was deemed OK ... this happened after putting 10K miles ... and I was hoping to expect such events after 40K or so ...
This is why I am a bit worried - what is going to go wrong again?

Exterior lines are just awesome - beautifully designed driving machine ... the manual shift makes it a lot of fun to drive - add Sirius, iPod adopter ... then you have a car designed for long trips ... in MN winter that is ...

I had to do after market iPod adopter ... that should come installed by default ... It would also be great of the center driver/passenger arm rest is a bit wider ... it might be cool to share the arm rest with the wife but when driving with guests, it can be a bit unnerving ... the personal space that is ...

Gave back to dealer 2 mos before lease end.
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Tonight I'm reviewing 6 of my latest car purchases. Audi is getting the lowest marks. My car burned a Quart of oil every 3000 mi.
Oil light would come on before it was time to get oil change. Evry time. Loved car before this happened. Recommended A4 cabby to a friend. His did the same thing. When in parking lots examine the carbon buildup on A4 tailpipes.having blown the engine on my previous 911 I was very sensitive to oil lights. I complained repeatedly to Audi who insisted that kind of oil loss was within specs. Seems like poor engineering. I always felt like a chump after speaking with service. I was so annoyed that I gave it back early to clear a space for a new BMW.
Cont.

I love Audi styling. They make many beautiful cars. The interior was very nicely appointed. Got good gas mileage. Initially I thought it was a very impressive car for the price point. It was a delightfully cheap lease, even. Got great gas mileage. Was responsive and fun to drive.

Great package except for oil burning. And also the casual disinterest from the service department about the issue. They did assure me that it was impossible for the car to lose enough oil to damage the engine. But you can't ignore an oil level light when it goes off in traffic. Also I was constantly getting soot on my pants while putting things in the trunk. I never owned a car that burnt oil, not even my very first beaters. So I was disappointed when my new Audi was the first. I have since considered Q7s and my wife really wants a new R8 but I always returnt to those within manufacturer's specifications. Good luck.