2007 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Feeling a bit worried ...
By ermias01 on 01/20/11 19:57 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok, here is the scoop - I love my 2007 Audi A4 Quatrrrrro ... fun to drive, great fuel economy and a definite head turner ... I bought is used with 50K miles August of 2010 - and I just got my check engine light January 2011. Initial symptoms were engine misfire (temp outside was -11 F ccooooold) ... so I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they had to replace some valve because of fault $257 later, it was deemed OK ... this happened after putting 10K miles ... and I was hoping to expect such events after 40K or so ... This is why I am a bit worried - what is going to go wrong again?

Gave back to dealer 2 mos before lease end.
By boyracer3 on 01/09/11 06:39 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Tonight I'm reviewing 6 of my latest car purchases. Audi is getting the lowest marks. My car burned a Quart of oil every 3000 mi. Oil light would come on before it was time to get oil change. Evry time. Loved car before this happened. Recommended A4 cabby to a friend. His did the same thing. When in parking lots examine the carbon buildup on A4 tailpipes.having blown the engine on my previous 911 I was very sensitive to oil lights. I complained repeatedly to Audi who insisted that kind of oil loss was within specs. Seems like poor engineering. I always felt like a chump after speaking with service. I was so annoyed that I gave it back early to clear a space for a new BMW. Cont.

Find me a few tires
By Joseph Thompson on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car brand new after trading in my 325i. I love the Quattro, but I cant keep tires on it. Discount tire tells me that the alignment is always out. No matter where I take it, I still have problems. Pep Boys blames the tires and Discount blames Pep Boys. It's really frustrating. The car does have some Turbo lag but not all the time. It usally happens when you catch a stop light turning from red to green and you stomp on it. It doesn't happen all the time and I don't believe its dangerous like a few reviews state. The car is zippy and loves the highway. I cruise at 100 mph no problem through Arizona. I will sometimes put extra oil in it between changes, no reason to complain.

Fun to Driver
By Denver Dubreuil on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Love my car, not entirely perfect but so much fun to drive, I had problems with the window and sunroof but took it to the dealer and fixed it with no problem. Car stops on a dime. The breaks are amazing. Slow off the line but once the turbo kicks in its a pretty quick car. Handles really good as well. Lots of room in the trunk. Not too roomy in the backseats though. Also burns through a lot of oil but it doesn't bother me to much just no your going to need a new quart every 2500 miles. All in all though I love this car

Acceleration lag is a SAFETY WARNING
By TA Johnson on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have LOVED this car, when going up hills. Its acceleration and cornering are beyond compare. But, when pulling out from a stop sign, or merging into traffic, it is downright dangerous! There is a lag between the time I accelerate and the actual time the car decides to move. Audi says the car adjusts to the driver and his/her habits to improve gas mileage. I cannot sacrifice safety for gas mileage. I cant count the number of times my A4 would not get up and go. Before having this Audi I had never experienced this type of problem. I cannot in good conscience recommend an Audi to anyone who wishes to remain alive.

Research before buying - Burns Oil
By Jay on 08/24/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the Turbo, love the car. However I have 1 very large issue. It burns oil, as you can read in others reviews and if you search the web this thing drinks oil and Audi says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I too carry a quart in the trunk and keep a case in the garage. I have had the consumption test done, however 1 quart every 1,-1,500 miles is acceptable (for Audi). Even service guys at the 2 Audi dealers I get my car serviced at admit it is a fairly common complaint but they are not authorized to do anything. Not every car has this problem, but Audi is not doing everything it can to retain loyal buyers who have bad ones. I am sad that I will never buy an Audi again.

Great car
By jman on 06/24/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great quality. You can feel it the moment you get in and start the car. After test driving Acura and Benz and Volvo and Lexus they all feel cheap and flimsy in comparison to the Audi. Just a great well thought out and very very well built car.

Never again Audi, Never again Paul Miler
By Marbar68 on 06/15/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many cars in my life. the experience of driving this car was great for about the first two weeks. Then the car slowly but steadily started to break down. Taking it to my servicer was useless because it always seemed to be my fault or wear and tear. The tires failed, the oil leaked, the coils have been replaced countless times because the head gasket is apparently bad. To top it all off the clutch went because audi sub out to an Asian company so they could get it cheaper. It was all plastic. The car was made very cheap and for some reason the transmission and engine were two different times between 2006, 2007, 2008. coincidence i think not.

Great Car
By Brenham on 05/14/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Exterior is sharp! Love everything about the car, except: the somewhat cheap looking center armrest in the front seat that looks slightly out of place, the lack of leg room in the rear and the slight turbo lag on taking off from a dead stop. Besides these, I love this car.

Good car
By A4inATL on 04/20/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this from Carmax with about 29k on it. Had it mostly a year here in Atlanta. Got the 2wd 6 spd manny with S- line interior. Great car but I agree with everyone on the turbo lag issue. If I'm driving in rush hour in a 20 mph lane and want to merge into a 40 mph lane -- I sweat a bit. This car doesn't seem to have that low-end acceleration one requires to dart in and out of traffic which is unfortunate because the A4 handles so well. I've gotten more than a few "birds" as I merge into traffic in 3rd and watch the RPM go soaring and the speedo move nary a tick as the drivers behind me hit their brakes. I may try to wind it up more in 2nd, but it doesn't seem one should drive on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.