Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care. Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance. I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it. This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention. If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car. This car needs to be loved. If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda. This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

Favorite Features

Handling is excellent, and the exterior styling will turn heads anywhere. The quality is fantastic for the most part.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, this car does burn oil, but as long as you change it every 5K miles or so it will be fine. If the oil light comes on, don't freak out. Just put an extra quart in until you can get the oil changed. The diverter valve WILL go bad. It is just a matter of time. No worries though, cause it is an easy fix. Change the cam follower every 50K miles or so because if worn, it can cause major damage to your engine. I would also suggest a turbo tune from an aftermarket company to mitigate the lack of power. If you really want a boost then install a downpipe to free up some hidden power.

My First Audi
By vpj420

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was searching for something fun to drive since I spend so much time behind the wheel for my work. Looked at RX-8, BMW 3-series, Mustang, and Audi. My brother-in-law and his wife told me test drive one. Test drove an 07 A4 CVT 2.0T and fell in love. Gets good-great gas mileage given performance, good trunk space, great cabin layout, and long list of accessories. Have only had for awhile but I love to drive it. Small turbo lag in Drive, but put in Sport or Manual and it becomes virtually non-existent. Used to drive a Honda Civic and it doesn't even compare. I know Honda's are more reliable and require less maintenance, but just keep up with it and this car will take care of you.

Favorite Features

What can I say, turbo, turbo, and turbo. Car can be easily modified via chip to produce more than ample power, typical gains are 40+hp and 50+tq. Sporty styling from the body down to the wheels. Good power and excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Less turbo lag in drive. Lower maintenance costs. That's about it.

110,000 miles
By mike5555

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had a couple of smaller issues. Oil has been ok but as they car ages it uses more. 1 quart every 4-5K at 110K PCV console latch and poor leather trim with leather cracking twice. Tires last 50K or more 30MPG or more. Brakes - fronts replace at 93k orginal rear Turbo diverter valve went at 93K Cruise control brake switch at 85K Timing belt replaced at 105K All in all it has not been bad as nothing mechanical went until it had >85k coil packs replaced as part of recall. The car has done well for it's class. It's a daily driver with economy, comfort, and style.

Favorite Features

The fact that it does everything well... good mileage, comfort, handling, and I have never taken it in prior to the 10K interval. The car is set up well even traction control comes on when you are about to have an issue. My G35 came on way too soon and took all the power out of the car. The model I got was a great combination of economy and reliability for a premium car. Longevity is my favorite aspect. I will keep it till it gets too expensive to repair. I also like the fact that I am not easy on a car and it has held up well. Great braking for a car in this class

Suggested Improvements

More power but the newer 2.0T has considerable amount of torque. 253 vs. 211. Get better leather or change vendors. If they cut more corners they will cause more issues.

Love it -- BUT the Oil!!!
By rrli

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car. I bought it as a certified pre-owned - I've had it about 1 1/2 years now. Love driving it BUT about every 1000-1200 miles the oil light goes on and I have to constantly put oil in. I have never heard of such a thing before. AUDI tells me that is normal for this type of "high performance" vehicle. I think NOT -- - I still love the car but I don't think I would have bought it if I knew this.

Favorite Features

fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Fix the oil problem

Loved this car, until I realized it has a serious oil consumption problem which Audi has been dismissing for 2 years.
By a4burnsoil

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loved this car, enough that I purchased it off the lease after 3 years. Biggest mistake ever. I have been bringing it for oil consumption problems since Oct 2009 and been more than casually dismissed after wasting a lot of time and worry. Past 3 times I have burned more than a quart of oil after driving only 600-700 miles. Audi keeps giving me the run around (Fletcher Jones Audi Chicago has consistently given me the worst customer service of my life). They keep making me bring it back for oil consumption tests which have been repeatedly performed and telling me there is nothing wrong with it. I am at a loss and have written to Better Business Bureau and the Audi USA customer service.

Favorite Features

Appearance, drive.

Suggested Improvements

Excessive oil consumption is a deal-breaker. Audi customer service has been the worst I have ever dealt with in any consumer arena.