Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Oil Consumption issues resolved
By carissa

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is for all consumers having Oil Consumption issues. I purchased my 07 A4 used with 54,500 miles on it.
Right away I noticed the oil consumption problem.
I tracked the consumption for about 10,000 miles and made sure the dealership knew the mileage everytime I had to put another qt in.
The light was coming on down to just less than a 1000 miles to add a qt.
I paid the out of pocket expense and the test came back that there was an issue.
Audi Corp covered 85% of the repair and the dealership I purchased from, Elk Grove Audi, covered the remaining balance.
Audi replaced the Piston rings.
I now have close to 8000 miles since replacement and holding strong. Added 1 qt at 5000 mi.

For its class, the seats are more comfortable than BMW 3 series and C Class. Love the sporty body styling.

Audi needs to recall for the Oil Consumption Problems. Would be nice if others had a Dealership like Elk Grove Audi to take responsibly and just fix the problems instead of turning Audi owners away like they don't know anything about the car. They forget, we drive these vehicles everyday, they don't.

Fantastic after 112k miles
By ketchup77

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my A4 new in July 2007 and I have NEVER had an issue with it after 112k miles.
Sure it burns oil a bit, but keep a quart in the trunk and your good to go.
This is a car that is fun to drive and built solid.
The only complaint I have is the glove box hing broke and they wanted hundreds to replace the whole thing...not me...I went and bought a 2 dollar hinge at Ace Hardware and screwed it in and it works great.
I hope to keep my A4 for many years to come.

Great gas milage and fun to drive.

Glove Box hinge needs to be more durable.

Massive and frequent transmission failures
By cnd1

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A more detailed report of my experience has been posted on NHTSA.GOV.
The first transmission failed and was replaced under OEM warranty by an authorized Audi dealer at 36,120 miles. It continued to have mechanical issues such as shuttering, vibration, hesitation, leaks, etc. The 2nd transmission failed at 55,600 miles (less than 20,000 miles on the "new" transmission) while on the freeway traveling at 70 MPH. It occurred without warning. The car shifted into park, bucked and refused to accelerate. The 3rd transmission was installed under the Audi Pure Platinum Protection service, and after only 1,000 miles on the "new" transmission. it is showing signs of failing again.

Little redeeming factors with a car that has been serviced more than 15 times in the three years I have owned it.

Apparently the CVT transmission for this vehicle is known to be problematic. I am unaware if this has been resolved in the newer models. I can say that based on my experience, Audi Customer Relations cares little about the reliability, safety and performance of their vehicles.

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care.
Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance.
I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it.
This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention.
If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car.
This car needs to be loved.
If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda.
This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

Handling is excellent, and the exterior styling will turn heads anywhere. The quality is fantastic for the most part.

Yes, this car does burn oil, but as long as you change it every 5K miles or so it will be fine. If the oil light comes on, don't freak out. Just put an extra quart in until you can get the oil changed. The diverter valve WILL go bad. It is just a matter of time. No worries though, cause it is an easy fix. Change the cam follower every 50K miles or so because if worn, it can cause major damage to your engine. I would also suggest a turbo tune from an aftermarket company to mitigate the lack of power. If you really want a boost then install a downpipe to free up some hidden power.

My First Audi
By vpj420

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was searching for something fun to drive since I spend so much time behind the wheel for my work. Looked at RX-8, BMW 3-series, Mustang, and Audi. My brother-in-law and his wife told me test drive one. Test drove an 07 A4 CVT 2.0T and fell in love.
Gets good-great gas mileage given performance, good trunk space, great cabin layout, and long list of accessories.
Have only had for awhile but I love to drive it. Small turbo lag in Drive, but put in Sport or Manual and it becomes virtually non-existent. Used to drive a Honda Civic and it doesn't even compare. I know Honda's are more reliable and require less maintenance, but just keep up with it and this car will take care of you.

What can I say, turbo, turbo, and turbo. Car can be easily modified via chip to produce more than ample power, typical gains are 40+hp and 50+tq. Sporty styling from the body down to the wheels. Good power and excellent handling.

Less turbo lag in drive. Lower maintenance costs. That's about it.