Used 2007 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Greatest Car I've Owned
By stewsir

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned my A4 for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier. From the sporty ride, quick acceleration, incredible interior finish/comfort, wonderful Bose stereo, to the fact that I can fit four adults comfortably make this car a winner. I had driven several A4s before and liked the drive. I love it now. When I ride in a different car I miss the feeling of my Audi. Some people criticize the exhaust warble...that's a plus in my book. I have no idea what some people mean referring to seat discomfort. I'm 6'2 and have driven across the US and felt great. Also, just yesterday I averaged 29-31 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. not too shabby.

Favorite Features

Sound and weather insulated top (for winter..just like hard-top inside). mid-high speed acceleration. Bose stereo sound turned up is awesome with subwoofer. interior Audi finish is GREAT. back seat room. Audi certified. dealer really does treat you nicely. Much different/better than what I'm used to.

Suggested Improvements

Wings?

2007 A4 Cabriolet Quattro
By djroch

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car with 51k miles on the odometer and have been excited it drive it every single day. The unusually warm weather on the East Coast has allowed me to drop the top and enjoy motoring in this fine automobile. While I would never call the A4 Cabriolet a fast car, it is a fantastic cruiser. Step on the accelerator trying to merge into traffic and you will not be disappointed. Keep your foot on the floor and the car will hit triple digits and keep on pulling. The fit and finish are fantastic. When sitting in the car you easily forget that you are in a convertible. The ride noise is minimal (for a convertible) and the headliner looks like it belongs in a hardtop.

Favorite Features

Sitting in this car makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive car. The wood trim. The leather seats. There isn't any wasted space or unnecessary button. The seats are extremely comfortable (I am 6'1") and the sitting position is excellent (esp. for a convertible). The cabin noise level with the top down is minimal and with the addition of the windscreen it only gets better.

Suggested Improvements

The leg room in the back is perfect for my children but it is cramped for an adult. Short trips are fine but I wouldn't want to get stuck back there for any length of time. The only clock in the car is on the left side of the dash under the spedometer (only visible to driver) . It drives my passengers crazy.

The smell of burning oil
By Luis

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't do it! Don't buy it! Please do a search on Oil Problems and you see a ton of them. It is a common problem and Audi has no intention of solving the issue. Don't do it. I am so regretting buying this car. It looks great, but I so nervous about have to add oil every 1000 miles. Need to keep a quart in the trunk. First and last Audi I buy.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the oil Consumption Issue that is normal according to Audi North America.

Love it!
By moorparkbud

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Sure, it burns a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles, but you only have to change oil every 10,000 miles so you're still ahead. There is a lag with the turbo, but it really goes away when driving in "sport" mode, which I always do (VERY peppy, and still get 23mpg). I've had one small mechanical bug (rear window with a mind of it's own) but my dealer (Rusnak, Westlake Village, CA) has been exceptional to work with. I'd love to trade it someday for an A5 cab, but at my age, they might end up burying me in this car!

Favorite Features

Styling, finish quality, sporty

Suggested Improvements

Weak sounding engine at idle, would prefer an exhaust sound like my G-35 had!

HELP!!!!!!!!!...."TICKING" NOISE - IT IS GOING TO BLOW UP?????
By agretty1

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Audi A4 Convertible Quattro about a month ago, with only 39,000 miles on it. It is a great car, but with one exception, it "TICKS" after I power the car off. What I've noticed is that it when I drive a short distance, it's a low faint ticking noise, and when I drive a long/extended period it is a high/loud ticking noise when I power off. Yes, I've been told that it is "Normal", but it is such a distraction from the beauty of the car, when the attention it's receiving is due to the "ticking" noise it makes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is there a fix for it. Please advise, as I feel that I am driving a "TICKING TIME BOMB".....

Favorite Features

Exterior/Interior design, the interior lighting, and the great feeling you get once the convertible is down and you are on the open road. If I could get rid of the "ticking" noice, I would be a promoter of this vehicle, but until that happens, I'm just waiting to see what's coming behind the noise.

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly gadgets....I still haven't quiet figured out how to program my garage door opener with the car....but I am a little mechanically challenged.....but I will figure it out.