Used 2007 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!
By Bob C

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought cabrio for my wife. Handsome car! As owner of Lexus ES, this car is a lot of fun to drive. Quattro makes this car a real "gripper" on the road. Low end torque a yawner. At higher speeds - a gem! My biggest disappointment - engine noise. Sounds like a cheap Chevy Cobalt at idle. I have owned convertible Saab and Volvo with essentially same HP that had meaty exhaust w/little or no sewing machine engine noise.

The smell of burning oil
By Luis

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't do it! Don't buy it! Please do a search on Oil Problems and you see a ton of them. It is a common problem and Audi has no intention of solving the issue. Don't do it. I am so regretting buying this car. It looks great, but I so nervous about have to add oil every 1000 miles. Need to keep a quart in the trunk. First and last Audi I buy.

Looks good.

Fix the oil Consumption Issue that is normal according to Audi North America.

Mixed Feelings So Far...
By Dougie Fresh

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car about 2 weeks now; purchased certified pre-owned, 16Kmi. Pros: The car is fun to drive and I love the looks inside and out. The features are great too, especially the radio. The dealers I've dealt with have treated me like a rock star. Cons: It does not ride smooth. You feel every bump. Flex is pronounced. The engine is also rough and noisy, especially at idle in drive. Gas mileage has not been up to par with my previous Saab 2.0T (23mpg vs. 28mpg). Acceleration is also not as strong. The front seat is uncomfortable because the center console forces you to twist your body to reach the gas pedal. Reading issues on 'net forums does not inspire reliability confidence.

Quattro (all-wheel drive); looks; fit and finish; in-car entertainment; dealership sales and service; trunk space; convertible top; four seats; Audi care maintenance program

Engine idle/noise/smoothness; more width for legroom; better ride; less shake; auto mode for headlight should include foglights; mini-headphone aux- in jack for mp3 players; one-touch and keyfob roof up/down; gas mileage; manual transmission offering; use bluetooth phone in park; seatbelt chime

Love Hate
By Audi Conv.

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a love hate relationship with this car. It looks great, fun to drive, however it has been in the shop more than I care for a car of this caliber. Like many other comments, this car burns the oil.

Love the look and handling of this car. Very fun to drive. Great gas mileage (typically around 30mpg).

Need to fix oil consumption and reliability issues. Twice airbag light came on as a result of seat belt issues.

Couldn't choose any better
By Dadcia

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have been wanting the car for a while and had the hardtop A4, at the end of the lease nothing sounded better and I was right. Right after driving out of the dealership with 9 miles on the odometer I got plenty of looks on the street. The car, just like any Audi, drives beautifully, their windblocker assures your perfect hair day isn't ruined. I love how fast the top closes and how little of my own work it takes to open/close it, just a touch of my finger. This car also does look great with the top up which is not a common thing for convertibles in today's market.

The build quality, the interior of course, nothing beats Audi with this. I love the automatic top and the feel I have while driving, I feel like a royal person. :)

I wish Audi made the top open/close button the way that you do not have to hold it and wait for it to close. The front tires get dirty quick as the car is front wheel drive. Also the visibility while the top is closed is really bad when passing other cars.