Used 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care. Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance. I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it. This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention. If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car. This car needs to be loved. If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda. This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

Favorite Features

Handling is excellent, and the exterior styling will turn heads anywhere. The quality is fantastic for the most part.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, this car does burn oil, but as long as you change it every 5K miles or so it will be fine. If the oil light comes on, don't freak out. Just put an extra quart in until you can get the oil changed. The diverter valve WILL go bad. It is just a matter of time. No worries though, cause it is an easy fix. Change the cam follower every 50K miles or so because if worn, it can cause major damage to your engine. I would also suggest a turbo tune from an aftermarket company to mitigate the lack of power. If you really want a boost then install a downpipe to free up some hidden power.

Great car
By jman

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great quality. You can feel it the moment you get in and start the car. After test driving Acura and Benz and Volvo and Lexus they all feel cheap and flimsy in comparison to the Audi. Just a great well thought out and very very well built car.

Never again Audi, Never again Paul Miler
By Marbar68

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many cars in my life. the experience of driving this car was great for about the first two weeks. Then the car slowly but steadily started to break down. Taking it to my servicer was useless because it always seemed to be my fault or wear and tear. The tires failed, the oil leaked, the coils have been replaced countless times because the head gasket is apparently bad. To top it all off the clutch went because audi sub out to an Asian company so they could get it cheaper. It was all plastic. The car was made very cheap and for some reason the transmission and engine were two different times between 2006, 2007, 2008. coincidence i think not.

Favorite Features

My favs were the window buttons breaking five times and then paul miller telling me that i have to reprogram the windows. how about a quart of oil to be replaced in between the oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Give everyone a new 2008 audi because the 2007 were the biggest pile of garbage that should have been recalled the moment they rolled off the assembly line. Or maybe you could use German made parts that i thought i was paying for. Thanks Audi should choke itself.

Good car
By A4inATL

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this from Carmax with about 29k on it. Had it mostly a year here in Atlanta. Got the 2wd 6 spd manny with S- line interior. Great car but I agree with everyone on the turbo lag issue. If I'm driving in rush hour in a 20 mph lane and want to merge into a 40 mph lane -- I sweat a bit. This car doesn't seem to have that low-end acceleration one requires to dart in and out of traffic which is unfortunate because the A4 handles so well. I've gotten more than a few "birds" as I merge into traffic in 3rd and watch the RPM go soaring and the speedo move nary a tick as the drivers behind me hit their brakes. I may try to wind it up more in 2nd, but it doesn't seem one should drive on the highway.

Favorite Features

Interior, handling, appearance, brakes, sound system, mileage (high 20s in mixed city/hwy driving)

Suggested Improvements

Make those backup lights bigger/brighter and more low-end acceleration

This car will cost you your sanity!!
By Dee

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved the speed and the handling of this car. I say 'loved' because I traded it in at a loss.The reliability of this car? Close to zero.Started with brake lights,replaced 3 times.The oil consumption is beyond ridiculous,to the point I had to carry extra oil in the trunk for every 1300- 1500 miles!4 ignition coils replaced. Then the fuel pump sensor stranded me on an exit ramp, car would rev but not move an inch!Prepare for $100+ oil changes in ADDITION to fixing the things they say are 'normal.'This car will cost you your sanity,your money and possibly safety.I am so disappointed in Audi,if they cared they would address the issues,not say it's 'normal! NEVER again would I buy AUDI! N-E-V-E-R!

Favorite Features

The handling and pickup was GREAT...when it worked.The oil consumption I was willing to live with,but I think the consumption eventually paved the way to the other problems.Prepare to carry oil in your trunk if you buy this car.But, be smart and DON'T BUY IT!

Suggested Improvements

Stop telling your customers the oil drinking of this car is within reason, Audi!Take a page from the Toyota book, and get your act together. Your customers deserve more from a luxury car line. Did you learn nothing from your issues in the 80's?