2007 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Disappointed - Oil Consumption Nightmare
By jbgjresq on 07/09/13 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased car just off lease at approx 52K miles. My wife is the primary driver doing a 14 mile RT work commute. Car was always maintained by dealer while on lease. Overall a great car to drive but (big but) the greatness is negated by the incredibly excessive oil consumption. Right away I noticed the oil consumption issue. Even after oil changes (always 100% synthetic) it uses approx 1 qt every ~400 miles. Doing a quantitative test now down to the mile and pint. I am so disappointed at this example of Audi german engineering. In 40 years of car ownership, I have never seen this issue with any other properly maintained domestic or imported car or truck. In a word - "disappointed"

Audi low oil-Warning light
By noaudi4 on 03/15/13 14:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought Used Audi A4-2.0 issues right from get go..low oil 1 quart. Took car to Audi dealer they inspected it for me. Everything looks great! 9500 miles later check engine light comes on. Take to Mechanic to run code. Code is saying belt slippage. Took to dealer right away. Waterpump, timing belt replaced. Noticed timing not correct still so they tore valve covers off, replaced timing chains and tensioners. Found debris in screens around cam gear. Found debris in oil pan from oil filter? Changed oil with only synthetic oil every 3000 miles so i dont get it? I am out $2500.00 dollars still and car in shop still with timing problems? Done with AUDI buy a BMW with timing chain and dependable.

Oil Consumption issues resolved
By carissa on 02/20/12 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is for all consumers having Oil Consumption issues. I purchased my 07 A4 used with 54,500 miles on it. Right away I noticed the oil consumption problem. I tracked the consumption for about 10,000 miles and made sure the dealership knew the mileage everytime I had to put another qt in. The light was coming on down to just less than a 1000 miles to add a qt. I paid the out of pocket expense and the test came back that there was an issue. Audi Corp covered 85% of the repair and the dealership I purchased from, Elk Grove Audi, covered the remaining balance. Audi replaced the Piston rings. I now have close to 8000 miles since replacement and holding strong. Added 1 qt at 5000 mi.

Fantastic after 112k miles
By ketchup77 on 11/16/11 21:02 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my A4 new in July 2007 and I have NEVER had an issue with it after 112k miles. Sure it burns oil a bit, but keep a quart in the trunk and your good to go. This is a car that is fun to drive and built solid. The only complaint I have is the glove box hing broke and they wanted hundreds to replace the whole thing...not me...I went and bought a 2 dollar hinge at Ace Hardware and screwed it in and it works great. I hope to keep my A4 for many years to come.

Massive and frequent transmission failures
By cnd1 on 10/04/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A more detailed report of my experience has been posted on NHTSA.GOV. The first transmission failed and was replaced under OEM warranty by an authorized Audi dealer at 36,120 miles. It continued to have mechanical issues such as shuttering, vibration, hesitation, leaks, etc. The 2nd transmission failed at 55,600 miles (less than 20,000 miles on the "new" transmission) while on the freeway traveling at 70 MPH. It occurred without warning. The car shifted into park, bucked and refused to accelerate. The 3rd transmission was installed under the Audi Pure Platinum Protection service, and after only 1,000 miles on the "new" transmission. it is showing signs of failing again.

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty on 08/03/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care. Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance. I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it. This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention. If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car. This car needs to be loved. If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda. This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

My First Audi
By vpj420 on 07/18/11 21:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was searching for something fun to drive since I spend so much time behind the wheel for my work. Looked at RX-8, BMW 3-series, Mustang, and Audi. My brother-in-law and his wife told me test drive one. Test drove an 07 A4 CVT 2.0T and fell in love. Gets good-great gas mileage given performance, good trunk space, great cabin layout, and long list of accessories. Have only had for awhile but I love to drive it. Small turbo lag in Drive, but put in Sport or Manual and it becomes virtually non-existent. Used to drive a Honda Civic and it doesn't even compare. I know Honda's are more reliable and require less maintenance, but just keep up with it and this car will take care of you.

110,000 miles
By mike5555 on 07/01/11 07:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had a couple of smaller issues. Oil has been ok but as they car ages it uses more. 1 quart every 4-5K at 110K PCV console latch and poor leather trim with leather cracking twice. Tires last 50K or more 30MPG or more. Brakes - fronts replace at 93k orginal rear Turbo diverter valve went at 93K Cruise control brake switch at 85K Timing belt replaced at 105K All in all it has not been bad as nothing mechanical went until it had >85k coil packs replaced as part of recall. The car has done well for it's class. It's a daily driver with economy, comfort, and style.

Love it -- BUT the Oil!!!
By rrli on 05/16/11 10:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car. I bought it as a certified pre-owned - I've had it about 1 1/2 years now. Love driving it BUT about every 1000-1200 miles the oil light goes on and I have to constantly put oil in. I have never heard of such a thing before. AUDI tells me that is normal for this type of "high performance" vehicle. I think NOT -- - I still love the car but I don't think I would have bought it if I knew this.

Loved this car, until I realized it has a serious oil consumption problem which Audi has been dismissing for 2 years.
By a4burnsoil on 02/20/11 13:58 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Loved this car, enough that I purchased it off the lease after 3 years. Biggest mistake ever. I have been bringing it for oil consumption problems since Oct 2009 and been more than casually dismissed after wasting a lot of time and worry. Past 3 times I have burned more than a quart of oil after driving only 600-700 miles. Audi keeps giving me the run around (Fletcher Jones Audi Chicago has consistently given me the worst customer service of my life). They keep making me bring it back for oil consumption tests which have been repeatedly performed and telling me there is nothing wrong with it. I am at a loss and have written to Better Business Bureau and the Audi USA customer service.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.