2007 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
2007 A4 Cabriolet Quattro
By djroch on 03/27/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car with 51k miles on the odometer and have been excited it drive it every single day. The unusually warm weather on the East Coast has allowed me to drop the top and enjoy motoring in this fine automobile. While I would never call the A4 Cabriolet a fast car, it is a fantastic cruiser. Step on the accelerator trying to merge into traffic and you will not be disappointed. Keep your foot on the floor and the car will hit triple digits and keep on pulling. The fit and finish are fantastic. When sitting in the car you easily forget that you are in a convertible. The ride noise is minimal (for a convertible) and the headliner looks like it belongs in a hardtop.

Love it!
By moorparkbud on 09/23/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Sure, it burns a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles, but you only have to change oil every 10,000 miles so you're still ahead. There is a lag with the turbo, but it really goes away when driving in "sport" mode, which I always do (VERY peppy, and still get 23mpg). I've had one small mechanical bug (rear window with a mind of it's own) but my dealer (Rusnak, Westlake Village, CA) has been exceptional to work with. I'd love to trade it someday for an A5 cab, but at my age, they might end up burying me in this car!

Greatest Car I've Owned
By stewsir on 09/06/11 11:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned my A4 for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier. From the sporty ride, quick acceleration, incredible interior finish/comfort, wonderful Bose stereo, to the fact that I can fit four adults comfortably make this car a winner. I had driven several A4s before and liked the drive. I love it now. When I ride in a different car I miss the feeling of my Audi. Some people criticize the exhaust warble...that's a plus in my book. I have no idea what some people mean referring to seat discomfort. I'm 6'2 and have driven across the US and felt great. Also, just yesterday I averaged 29-31 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. not too shabby.

HELP!!!!!!!!!...."TICKING" NOISE - IT IS GOING TO BLOW UP?????
By agretty1 on 03/29/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Audi A4 Convertible Quattro about a month ago, with only 39,000 miles on it. It is a great car, but with one exception, it "TICKS" after I power the car off. What I've noticed is that it when I drive a short distance, it's a low faint ticking noise, and when I drive a long/extended period it is a high/loud ticking noise when I power off. Yes, I've been told that it is "Normal", but it is such a distraction from the beauty of the car, when the attention it's receiving is due to the "ticking" noise it makes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is there a fix for it. Please advise, as I feel that I am driving a "TICKING TIME BOMB".....

Dream car
By Kaypo on 06/04/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in an old Sebring convertible for the Audi Quattro. Wanted an all- weather convertible. Couldn't be more pleased. The car is absolutely beautiful on the outside, and has Audi's workmanship and reliability. We've had it five months. Absolutely no issues. Inside, it's fine for me; tight for my six-foot-one husband. We were able to drive anywhere in one of the worst winters we had, and the top- down experience is fabulous. It takes close to 30 seconds to get the top up or down, but you get used to that. It's the only awd convertible on the market - I hope Audi remains committed.

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!
By Bob C on 05/06/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought cabrio for my wife. Handsome car! As owner of Lexus ES, this car is a lot of fun to drive. Quattro makes this car a real "gripper" on the road. Low end torque a yawner. At higher speeds - a gem! My biggest disappointment - engine noise. Sounds like a cheap Chevy Cobalt at idle. I have owned convertible Saab and Volvo with essentially same HP that had meaty exhaust w/little or no sewing machine engine noise.

The smell of burning oil
By Luis on 04/04/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't do it! Don't buy it! Please do a search on Oil Problems and you see a ton of them. It is a common problem and Audi has no intention of solving the issue. Don't do it. I am so regretting buying this car. It looks great, but I so nervous about have to add oil every 1000 miles. Need to keep a quart in the trunk. First and last Audi I buy.

Mixed Feelings So Far...
By Dougie Fresh on 02/25/10 13:57 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car about 2 weeks now; purchased certified pre-owned, 16Kmi. Pros: The car is fun to drive and I love the looks inside and out. The features are great too, especially the radio. The dealers I've dealt with have treated me like a rock star. Cons: It does not ride smooth. You feel every bump. Flex is pronounced. The engine is also rough and noisy, especially at idle in drive. Gas mileage has not been up to par with my previous Saab 2.0T (23mpg vs. 28mpg). Acceleration is also not as strong. The front seat is uncomfortable because the center console forces you to twist your body to reach the gas pedal. Reading issues on 'net forums does not inspire reliability confidence.

Love Hate
By Audi Conv. on 01/02/10 07:01 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a love hate relationship with this car. It looks great, fun to drive, however it has been in the shop more than I care for a car of this caliber. Like many other comments, this car burns the oil.

Couldn't choose any better
By Dadcia on 06/04/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have been wanting the car for a while and had the hardtop A4, at the end of the lease nothing sounded better and I was right. Right after driving out of the dealership with 9 miles on the odometer I got plenty of looks on the street. The car, just like any Audi, drives beautifully, their windblocker assures your perfect hair day isn't ruined. I love how fast the top closes and how little of my own work it takes to open/close it, just a touch of my finger. This car also does look great with the top up which is not a common thing for convertibles in today's market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.