Used 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Love it!
By moorparkbud

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Sure, it burns a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles, but you only have to change oil every 10,000 miles so you're still ahead. There is a lag with the turbo, but it really goes away when driving in "sport" mode, which I always do (VERY peppy, and still get 23mpg). I've had one small mechanical bug (rear window with a mind of it's own) but my dealer (Rusnak, Westlake Village, CA) has been exceptional to work with. I'd love to trade it someday for an A5 cab, but at my age, they might end up burying me in this car!

Favorite Features

Styling, finish quality, sporty

Suggested Improvements

Weak sounding engine at idle, would prefer an exhaust sound like my G-35 had!

Dream car
By Kaypo

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in an old Sebring convertible for the Audi Quattro. Wanted an all- weather convertible. Couldn't be more pleased. The car is absolutely beautiful on the outside, and has Audi's workmanship and reliability. We've had it five months. Absolutely no issues. Inside, it's fine for me; tight for my six-foot-one husband. We were able to drive anywhere in one of the worst winters we had, and the top- down experience is fabulous. It takes close to 30 seconds to get the top up or down, but you get used to that. It's the only awd convertible on the market - I hope Audi remains committed.

Favorite Features

Reliability, looks, all-wheel drive, top-down experience

Suggested Improvements

The console area is very tight. You have to do some contortions to get the top down. Back seat not really usable.

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!
By Bob C

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought cabrio for my wife. Handsome car! As owner of Lexus ES, this car is a lot of fun to drive. Quattro makes this car a real "gripper" on the road. Low end torque a yawner. At higher speeds - a gem! My biggest disappointment - engine noise. Sounds like a cheap Chevy Cobalt at idle. I have owned convertible Saab and Volvo with essentially same HP that had meaty exhaust w/little or no sewing machine engine noise.

Love Hate
By Audi Conv.

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a love hate relationship with this car. It looks great, fun to drive, however it has been in the shop more than I care for a car of this caliber. Like many other comments, this car burns the oil.

Favorite Features

Love the look and handling of this car. Very fun to drive. Great gas mileage (typically around 30mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Need to fix oil consumption and reliability issues. Twice airbag light came on as a result of seat belt issues.

Couldn't choose any better
By Dadcia

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have been wanting the car for a while and had the hardtop A4, at the end of the lease nothing sounded better and I was right. Right after driving out of the dealership with 9 miles on the odometer I got plenty of looks on the street. The car, just like any Audi, drives beautifully, their windblocker assures your perfect hair day isn't ruined. I love how fast the top closes and how little of my own work it takes to open/close it, just a touch of my finger. This car also does look great with the top up which is not a common thing for convertibles in today's market.

Favorite Features

The build quality, the interior of course, nothing beats Audi with this. I love the automatic top and the feel I have while driving, I feel like a royal person. :)

Suggested Improvements

I wish Audi made the top open/close button the way that you do not have to hold it and wait for it to close. The front tires get dirty quick as the car is front wheel drive. Also the visibility while the top is closed is really bad when passing other cars.