Used 2007 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great Entry Level Sedan A4 3.2 6MT
By T. Lewis

2007 Audi A4 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car for city driving. Plenty of power and easy to handle. Living in Lake Mary, FL and dealing with a lot of out of town tourist you have to be able to react to slow and fast drivers. Like most cities with interstate traffic, a quick responsive vehicle is a must. The A4 with the 3.2L has the power to lane change and pass when needed. I also owned a 2012 S4 6MT and the less powered A4 is just as nimble, I didn't say as powerful, but this little package gets the job done with fun. There are nice exterior modifications you can do to this car which really enhance the lovely design of the B7 series. I really enjoy this car and I think its a great sedan for those who enjoy luxury and spirited driving. The only two things I dislike about the car is I wish it had a 22 gallon gas tank and could be a little quieter. It really is a smooth riding vehicle and I enjoy it a great deal. I have owned BMWs, Chryslers, Corvettes, Porsches, and Volvos, and this Audi A4 is a superb automobile.

Budget Luxury!
By Christopher

2007 Audi A4 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

I'm rating this a 4.3 out of 5 Stars. This little car has been a joy since the day I bought it. I bought the car from ASE Auto inc in Studio City, CA earlier this month. The first thing I noticed about the car was how zippy and smooth it was. Everything seemed to be fine until I encountered a problem with reverse. I drive the automatic version of the car and they can develop some issues around 90-100k miles. The problem consisted of the car disengaging the gear if the RPM's went up too fast. (Almost as thought he car slips into Neutral). My mechanic spoke to Sam at ASE Auto and he is fixing it for free. Other than that, there have been no issues with the car. As some of the other reviews say, the car does burn oil. You may notice some blue smoke from the exhaust when you first start it but it's nothing to be concerned about. I carry a quart of oil with me just in case and I top off the oil every 1000 miles or so. All problems aside, this car is nothing short of luxurious. Mine has wood trim that accents the dashboard, leather seats that have very good seat warmers, a steering wheel that feels great in my hand and a very smooth ride overall. The rear is a bit cramped with little leg room if the front seats are back more than half way and but the hatchback gives you a lot of cargo space. The car's technology is a bit dated but not obsolete. There is no aux jack or bluetooth but the sound system is just fine and the radio is very easy to use. The steering wheel also has a small dial that lets you raise and lower the volume with your right thumb and another one that lets you change the station with your left thumb. A big plus for me was not only Sport Mode but also Manual mode. The steering wheel has paddle shifters which are fun to use and good for keeping the car in a high gear when on a road trip (to save gas). There is a bit of a lag when using the paddles to change the gear but that's normal for a car of that age. Gas milage is not bad for a German V6. I average 16 city and 23 highway but the car does need Premium gas so she's an expensive date. She makes up for it in safety with a 9.6 out of 10 safety rating and airbags all around. The All-Wheel-Drive is also a bonus and keeps the car planted, even in very heavy rain. This car also shares many of its parts with Volkswagen so most parts will be very cheap. Overall, this car is definitely a good buy if you want a sporty and luxurious car that's safe, reliable and relatively cheap.

Bad investment
By Allan

2007 Audi A4 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchase vehicle at 55000 miles, had to replace the top because back window fell out. X 58000 the first ignitor went bad, @ 60000 the second ignitor went bad @ 63000 the third one went bad and I replaced the balance. At 65000 miles the rack and pinion seals went bad leaking oil how to replace whole system for $2200. So in the past year I had to spend $1500. For a new top, $2200. For a new rack and pinion steering system, $300 for igniters and $600 for tires. The total is $4,600 which I could have put on a new car. And the bad part was even though it was under a 30 day warranty the dealership would not even help covering the cost of the top or anything else. We have since gone to the Attorney General in Massachusetts to help the next guy not getting stuck by A supposing reputable Car Dealer.

Great Car!! 185K
By a4lasvegas

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my A4 2.0T FWD new in '08. It now has 185K miles and still has the original clutch. Maintenance has been: timing belt at 90K, engine hood piston (holds the hood up when open) and the normal - Tires, brakes, Headlights, taillights, battery, ignition coils. The only thing that has ever broken is the latch on the center console. I went from a 2001 Porsche 911 to the Audi (kids got to big to squeeze in the back) and while it doesn't have the HP of the 911 it has been a fun car to drive with fantastic gas mileage. Vegas to LA usually 32-33 MPG at 80mph+

fun performance, great style, reliability, and great gas mileage.

Rear wheel drive would have been fun...but I get it. And handling could be better...but I could have bought a S4.

Meltdown
By czech3

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At around 120k miles I replace the timing belt. The engine sounded more high pitched with a whining sound right aferwards. Several thousand miles later the oil symbol started flashing and several blocks later the engine was toast. The local garage it was towed to thought it was the timing belt. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the oil pump. When Consumer Reports says the A4 models have major engine problems I guess this is what they meant. No satisfaction from the Audi dealer...only blame that I drove it several blocks befor pulling over.