2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Disappointed - Oil Consumption Nightmare
By jbgjresq on 07/09/13 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased car just off lease at approx 52K miles. My wife is the primary driver doing a 14 mile RT work commute. Car was always maintained by dealer while on lease. Overall a great car to drive but (big but) the greatness is negated by the incredibly excessive oil consumption. Right away I noticed the oil consumption issue. Even after oil changes (always 100% synthetic) it uses approx 1 qt every ~400 miles. Doing a quantitative test now down to the mile and pint. I am so disappointed at this example of Audi german engineering. In 40 years of car ownership, I have never seen this issue with any other properly maintained domestic or imported car or truck. In a word - "disappointed"

Audi low oil-Warning light
By noaudi4 on 03/15/13 14:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought Used Audi A4-2.0 issues right from get go..low oil 1 quart. Took car to Audi dealer they inspected it for me. Everything looks great! 9500 miles later check engine light comes on. Take to Mechanic to run code. Code is saying belt slippage. Took to dealer right away. Waterpump, timing belt replaced. Noticed timing not correct still so they tore valve covers off, replaced timing chains and tensioners. Found debris in screens around cam gear. Found debris in oil pan from oil filter? Changed oil with only synthetic oil every 3000 miles so i dont get it? I am out $2500.00 dollars still and car in shop still with timing problems? Done with AUDI buy a BMW with timing chain and dependable.

2007 A4 Cabriolet Quattro
By djroch on 03/27/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car with 51k miles on the odometer and have been excited it drive it every single day. The unusually warm weather on the East Coast has allowed me to drop the top and enjoy motoring in this fine automobile. While I would never call the A4 Cabriolet a fast car, it is a fantastic cruiser. Step on the accelerator trying to merge into traffic and you will not be disappointed. Keep your foot on the floor and the car will hit triple digits and keep on pulling. The fit and finish are fantastic. When sitting in the car you easily forget that you are in a convertible. The ride noise is minimal (for a convertible) and the headliner looks like it belongs in a hardtop.

Oil Consumption issues resolved
By carissa on 02/20/12 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is for all consumers having Oil Consumption issues. I purchased my 07 A4 used with 54,500 miles on it. Right away I noticed the oil consumption problem. I tracked the consumption for about 10,000 miles and made sure the dealership knew the mileage everytime I had to put another qt in. The light was coming on down to just less than a 1000 miles to add a qt. I paid the out of pocket expense and the test came back that there was an issue. Audi Corp covered 85% of the repair and the dealership I purchased from, Elk Grove Audi, covered the remaining balance. Audi replaced the Piston rings. I now have close to 8000 miles since replacement and holding strong. Added 1 qt at 5000 mi.

Fantastic after 112k miles
By ketchup77 on 11/16/11 21:02 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my A4 new in July 2007 and I have NEVER had an issue with it after 112k miles. Sure it burns oil a bit, but keep a quart in the trunk and your good to go. This is a car that is fun to drive and built solid. The only complaint I have is the glove box hing broke and they wanted hundreds to replace the whole thing...not me...I went and bought a 2 dollar hinge at Ace Hardware and screwed it in and it works great. I hope to keep my A4 for many years to come.

Massive and frequent transmission failures
By cnd1 on 10/04/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A more detailed report of my experience has been posted on NHTSA.GOV. The first transmission failed and was replaced under OEM warranty by an authorized Audi dealer at 36,120 miles. It continued to have mechanical issues such as shuttering, vibration, hesitation, leaks, etc. The 2nd transmission failed at 55,600 miles (less than 20,000 miles on the "new" transmission) while on the freeway traveling at 70 MPH. It occurred without warning. The car shifted into park, bucked and refused to accelerate. The 3rd transmission was installed under the Audi Pure Platinum Protection service, and after only 1,000 miles on the "new" transmission. it is showing signs of failing again.

Love it!
By moorparkbud on 09/23/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Sure, it burns a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles, but you only have to change oil every 10,000 miles so you're still ahead. There is a lag with the turbo, but it really goes away when driving in "sport" mode, which I always do (VERY peppy, and still get 23mpg). I've had one small mechanical bug (rear window with a mind of it's own) but my dealer (Rusnak, Westlake Village, CA) has been exceptional to work with. I'd love to trade it someday for an A5 cab, but at my age, they might end up burying me in this car!

Greatest Car I've Owned
By stewsir on 09/06/11 11:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned my A4 for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier. From the sporty ride, quick acceleration, incredible interior finish/comfort, wonderful Bose stereo, to the fact that I can fit four adults comfortably make this car a winner. I had driven several A4s before and liked the drive. I love it now. When I ride in a different car I miss the feeling of my Audi. Some people criticize the exhaust warble...that's a plus in my book. I have no idea what some people mean referring to seat discomfort. I'm 6'2 and have driven across the US and felt great. Also, just yesterday I averaged 29-31 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. not too shabby.

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty on 08/03/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care. Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance. I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it. This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention. If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car. This car needs to be loved. If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda. This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

My First Audi
By vpj420 on 07/18/11 21:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was searching for something fun to drive since I spend so much time behind the wheel for my work. Looked at RX-8, BMW 3-series, Mustang, and Audi. My brother-in-law and his wife told me test drive one. Test drove an 07 A4 CVT 2.0T and fell in love. Gets good-great gas mileage given performance, good trunk space, great cabin layout, and long list of accessories. Have only had for awhile but I love to drive it. Small turbo lag in Drive, but put in Sport or Manual and it becomes virtually non-existent. Used to drive a Honda Civic and it doesn't even compare. I know Honda's are more reliable and require less maintenance, but just keep up with it and this car will take care of you.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.