2006 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Very Satisfied

2006 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T quattro Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Very Satisfied
By rms572 on

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've read all the gripes about reliability and maintenance costs, and wonder if it's just the owners of the lemons using this forum to let off some steam. Suppose I'd do the same, actually, but I've been really happy with our Audi. Its design is understated, not flashy, almost utilitarian, but very classy. It's stood the test of time well and looks as good as any of the current models. As for reliability, we've really had no major issues. As NYC drivers, we put the wheels and tires to the test on our pitiful roads, and thus have changed many tires. This is really my only gripe, but that can hardly be blamed on the car.

Clean design. Well appointed interior. Feels very solid inside and out. 6 years and 75k miles later, it still drives like it just rolled off the lot. The road feel is excellent without causing me to lose a filling or have a concussion each time I hit a pothole -- stiff, but not like a BMW. Good materials inside. Buttons and handles feel solid. Decent gas mileage, but not as great as advertised. (I'm generally getting 27-29 hwy with two passengers.) Best feature of all: Quattro. It's no joke. This car runs circles around fwd and many 4wd cars in snow. We've had two instances where we felt it slip in a very scary way, but the awd recovered in about a second.

Headrests are a tad too forward. Cupholders beneath the armrest are good for maybe an espresso cup if you want to use the armrest. Anything taller will tip it at an angle.
By auditempe
on 02/12/13 07:21 AM (PST)

"wonder if it's just the owners of the lemons using this forum to let off some steam". No, its not. I take meticulous care of my Audi, and it still needs repairs ALL THE TIME. "The ACs blow out all the time, sometimes the whole assembly blows up. It happens even at 40,000 miles." Brittney- Service Rep at Audi Chandler, Arizona. The interior compartments break without abuse, and cost hundreds/thousands just for parts! Clearly you have not done any reading, or fact checking before writing your review. So stay in la-la land and keep it to yourself.