2006 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Awesome Vehicle

2006 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Avant quattro Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Awesome Vehicle
By AvantDriver on

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle has been everything I've expected and more. On most of my highway trips (usually 800 miles each way) I average around 30mpg and that's crossing the Rocky Mountains. The performance of the 2.0T is great for a 4cyl. Rarely do I have to shift out of 6th gear in order to pass or go up a grade. The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. The fit & finish is amazing, as expected from an Audi. Overall, I can't say this car is perfect but any of it's slight nuances are easily overshadowed by everything else.

Favorite Features

Not only is this vehicle very utilitarian but I have a lot of fun driving it every day. I can pack it full when necessary but also be able enjoy its performance aspects. Nice, notchy 6 speed. Strong, efficient engine. Solid finish & build. Excellent ergonomics. Great view in all directions

Suggested Improvements

Comfort gets an 8. Many times on long trips that I find myself shifting around to get comfortable. The seats are a little stiff. Reliability is great but not a 10. I've had it in the shop about 10x for little things here & there. Interior would be a 10 if the parking brake didn't move the arm rest.