One of my best purchases!
By ambermg on
2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I'm the 4th owner, and purchased this car after a GREAT deal of researching for 2 weeks. I bought this car in 2011 (it was 5 model years old then) with 54k miles on the clock, and have been pleasantly surprised by its reliability. In the 2 years and 3 months I've owned my Audi, I've only spent $300 on service that wasn't routine maintenance. At 72k miles I had to replace the turbo recirculation valve. At the local Audi dealership they replaced several parts that weren't even on a recall and despite the fact that my car was WAY out of warranty...all at no charge, and topped it off with a complimentary car wash and synthetic oil change.
Favorite Features
One of the things that surprises me most about this car is the tight turning radius. It's incredible! For a 4 door sedan it turns better than a coupe. It's comfortable, it's adaptive and it seems to have its own personality! The stereo is great, the dual climate controls and heated front seats are awesome, and there are so many different front seating adjustments you can make the car fit you instead of you fitting to the car. It has a nice sized trunk, plenty-big backseat, and has stood up to all kinds of abuse from 2 moves so far.
Suggested Improvements
The only major complaint I really have about my Audi is the horrible low-end engine performance. I rarely take my car above 2,000 RPM and unless you go to nearly 4,000 RPM it feels like you're driving a slug. Also, there are a couple of buttons such as a MODE button on the steering wheel that has no function in my car as it wasn't a selected option I suppose, but it seems like a lack of attention to detail to leave a useless button in the car. That being said I have owned over a dozen different brands of cars and this is by far in my top 2 favorites. My next car will most definitely be another Audi!