Money to blow?
By auditempe on
2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
If you have money to blow, and you want a flashy, luxurious, thrilling sports car then you need an Audi A4 Quattro. The car is a rock star. HOWEVER: If you don't have a spare $5000 to blow at all times, this car is not for you. Even if you take obsessive care of it, the car will have problems (I'm quoting the Audi service rep Britney at Audi Chandler, Arizona). My AC blew out, $2500 to fix. She said it happens all the time!!?? I constantly have to replace interior parts like the glove box cover, dash case, and shift knob compartment. Repairs routinely cost over $1200. Combine with $1200 regular maintenence and you have a serious ethical decision to make. Is it worth it? Not for me. Honda!
Favorite Features
Parts cost two to three times as much as Honda parts. A glove box lid cost me $800!!! Service fees are four times as much as Honda dealerships. They give you a free rental car, but is it worth it for hundreds of dollars? No. Mechanisms are complicated sometimes for no reason (i.e. the wiper blades). Aftermarket parts are hard to find. Gas mileage is astronomical, because you have to use premium octane gas at the pump. You lose about a thousand dollars in value every year for mileage, and another thousand dollars every year for model year ($2000 total). It becomes even harder to sell because luxury sports cars are a limited market, that often buys new.
Suggested Improvements
The experience of ownership was fun while it lasted, but now that I am near bankruptcy I am desperate to sell. I want my Honda back so bad, but I have to sell my moneypit Audi first. DO NOT drive an Audi that is out of warranty. Period. I also didn't like that as a working class guy, I was looked down upon by the clientele and the staff at the dealership. I had some custumers actually walk in front of me and talk over me while talking with a sales rep. He was a doctor waiting to pick up his R8. The sales rep didn't mind. All in all, my Audi A4 Quattro was a waste of money, even considering how nice of a car it is. Unless overly wealthy, you'll worry about small scratches while driving