Used 2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

So much fun to drive
By Jake

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Best car i have ever owned. 25+ MPG in the city and 30+ MPG on the Highway. Super fun to drive. It's an all around great compact sports car. Very Minor maintenance issues, but there isn't a car out there that doesn't

Favorite Features

interior styling. feels like a race car.

Suggested Improvements

Audi's are kind of hit or miss. Do your research on the different years. Your either going to get one with a bunch of problems or nothing at all

Do not buy AUDI A4
By Marty

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I may never own another Audi, 10,000 miles over warranty and $11,000 dollars worth of engine problems. I drove this car 25 miles per day only back and forth from work, no hard driving, all interstate. Check engine light came on one day and took to dealer and told $11,000 to fix, need new camshaft, turbo out, and a list of things. I will never own another Audi and this is my second with problems like this, and no help from Audi USA.

Suggested Improvements

customer service and warranty your product

Do not buy a used Audi. It will not last
By jojo

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Garbage. 49,000 miles new engine needed, probably because of the turbo. Later fuel pressure problems, check engine lights on. If you need a used car, do not buy it. Buy Japanese.

Engine Problems Never Ending
By BSD

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bad engine intake valve at 49K. Dealership lost the paperwork & I drove it for a month (& beyond warranty) with the ck engine light on before they got the car fixed. Now 2k out of warranty, 4th cylinder taking in air, bad valve seat, needs new cylinder head & misc. valves. And now they're telling me the problem is that I'm changing the oil & performing maintenance per the manufacturer's instructions & I should co-pay the bill on a pre-existing condition!? I bought this car new; I am the primary driver; this is my first foreign-made vehicle; If Audi doesn't stand behind its product 100% it will be my last.

Favorite Features

Love the color. Nice interior. Handles well on snow. Crash ratings were very good (haven't tested them).

Suggested Improvements

Chrome on dash is horrible sunlight reflector. Brakes are made cheaply and you have to buy new routers at first pad replacement.

2006 3.2 Quattro AT
By macpora

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. I drove it from LA to Colorado Springs averaging 28MPG, fast. Yes, lacking in low end torque but no shortage of passing power. Dream to drive through the canyons of Utah and Colorado. Handles very well in icy conditions.

Favorite Features

Quattro does what you tell it to do. Comfortable ride in a sporty car.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest/hand brake design needs improvement. Power windows are a bit touchy. What is it with the fake wood and chrome in today's cars? The seats are very comfortable but not as comfortable as the 2001 Volvo S40 I traded in.