2006 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
First Time Owner
By A4Driver on 03/04/09 10:20 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My husband and I had researched used A4s for the last year, and finally found one with the right features. Because we bought it with under 30k miles and the previous owner had taken exceptional care of it, it feels like a brand new car. The handling is WONDERFUL; the car has the optional sport suspension, and it makes a difference. There is plenty of power, and the the car purrs getting onto the freeway. It's also very comfortable inside, and everything about it feels posh. I'm looking forward to driving this car for the next few years!

What a car!
By willm411 on 08/29/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is awesome! I didn't drive much prior to owning this car, but it begs to be driven! I did chip it to get some additional HP and torque, and put on light weight 18" wheels and ultra high proformance tires to lighten it some but even the stock version was fun to drive! If you buy this car or have a chance to drive it, take it on a canyon road and really push the car! It responds great to tight corners and accelerates like a dream! Nothing anyone can write will express the true enjoyment you get with this car! Even rush hour traffic is bearable! Quattro is a must! Try it for yourself!

Great Car!
By Ian on 04/18/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my A4 used with 29K miles, and it feels like I bought a new car. The 2.0T is more than enough for normal daily driving. The CVT took a little getting used to, but now I love the smooth shifting it provides. The interior is very classy. Overall, this car makes me want Audis for the rest of my life.

Awesome car
By Milot on 03/30/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. I love everything about it. Nice ride, very good in gas, comfortable driving. I like it more than BMW325 and some other BMW. Just a fun car to drive. Buy one and you will not regret. I am thinking of trading it in for a new A4.

Certified 2006
By R8deeo on 02/22/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up a 2006 A4 2.0T with all the bells and whistles and I love it. It handles wonderfully, it wants to be driven fast and in tight spots. I have wanted an A4 since the 2005.5 was introduced. The style and comfort make me smile everytime! I finally enjoy driving everyday. I will never drive a two wheel drive vehicle again (I live in Michigan).

2006 Audi A4
By Flyhigh on 12/25/07 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The 6 spd transmission and the 2.0L engine are totally made for each other, I am getting 37 mpg (7.6L/100km) with commute type driving, which is far better that I expected. I traded an 06 Jetta TDI for this, which would give me 6.2L/100km (45 mpg). But now that diesel is $1.06/L and regular is $.94/l, (yes you can run 87 octane) my cost per KM for fuel is only 2 cents more and I get killer traction with Quattro and Hakapelita that defies description. The car needs more little storage places like the Jetta and an arm rest that can be used along with two cups of Timmy's in the holder. This is a driver's car, and worth every penny.

Very Happy With the A4
By bungle on 12/11/07 23:34 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Went to Dealership to test drive a 2005 allroad. I never owned a sedan in my life, and I just assumed I would be attracted to something larger. They had a 2006 3.2 A4 Quattro (Auto w/Triptronic) and an S4 as well. The Allroad was great, a little too broken in though. I drove the 2006 A4 and was immediately comfortable. It was tight, fast, and the interior didn't feel as small as I thought it would be. Got it with 23,000 miles, with just about every option except nav, which I hate anyway. This car suits me perfectly. The perfect balance of power, safety, style, and performance.

My First Audi
By JFW on 11/28/07 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned an Acura, 2 Hondas, a Volvo, Chevy Blazer, and 2 Land Rover Discoverys and now an Audi. Based on my experience so far, I will hopefully own nothing but Audis going forward. This is a wonderful car. Build quality and fit and finish are superb. I have never felt safer in any car. Even with the 2.0 litre engine, acceleration is very spirited (even though there is some hesitation at take-off) and I find myself cruising well above the legal limit without even realizing it. Living in the mid-Atlantic area, I was hesitant to give up 4WD from my Land Rover, so quattro was a major factor in choosing the Audi. Looked at the 3-Series BMW, but the Audi is a much more impressive vehicle.

Dissatisfied audi owner
By unhappy owner on 11/11/07 13:35 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've own this car for about a year and a half now. So far this car has been in the shop for more than 7 times due to multiple recalls that I was never notified and malfunctions. One recall I was in total shock was the airbag, it was not functioning and I never got a recall letter until I had to get a letter of recalls for importing my car to Canada. The engine ignition had problems, the valve got disconnected after a few thousand miles, and my car would do this horrid shaking (I thought I was in an earthquake). What else, now the suspension is squeaking. This should not be happening to a car of this price. I will never buy audi again.

A Great Automobile
By Neil on 08/22/07 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My beauty is Moro Blue with beige interior. Options include premium pkg, technology pkg, sport pkg, vavona birch trim, Bose XM stereo. This is my second A4, the first was an Amulet Red 2002 1.8T w/manual shifter (I miss that color, wish it was still available). So Cal's stop and go traffic necessitated my first automatic in 27 years. Although I miss a manual at times, I love the CVT's seamless shifting. After 17 months of truly enjoyable driving, this car has been flawless and it seems to get better with each mile driven. The car adapts to your driving style and fits like a glove. I love passing those monster SUVs getting 12 mpg, while I'm averaging 35 mpg! This A4 is a great automobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.