Used 2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Fun to drive, costly to own
By jdr8n

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Original purchaser, just over 5 years with not quite 60k km's/37k mi on it, all easy miles.
All maintenance done by Audi per recommended schedule.

Great car to drive, but expensive to maintain once OoW.
Low oil pressure light/check engine light 1 month out of warranty.
Known issue with oil starvation due to sludge requires a complete engine replacement - $12k.
Dealer went to bat for me and Audi's covering a portion, but even so, it's more than I spent on my last 2 Ford's with twice the mileage.
Clicking noises come from dash when cold due to known issues with actuators.
Audi won't cover even though reported under warranty.
Even basic service is 2X my Ford/Honda.
Costly lesson.

Performance, ride, handling, audio system.

Reliability, reliability, reliability. Cabin ergonomics also need some work, e.g.; console has to be raised to apply parking brake, dash clock only in 24 hour format.

Former BMW/MBZ Driver - Now an Audi Driver
By 2bsi2

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

For the last 15 years I drove a BMW or MBZ, beacause what I like to call "QUALITY OF DRIVE."
Downside higher fuel costs & repairs.
Another BMW/MBZ is out of the question; as pricing isn't sensible and searched until I was surprised by the quality of the Audi A4.
My 'near-new' A4 is as surefooted as my BMW, but tons lighter like my MBZ.
Luxury is not lacking but, could be better.
What I love the most is both my BMW/MBZ's ran approx 16-21 mpg -- I'm now at 30 MPG's in my Audi A4 2.0T and she get's me 500 miles between fill-ups.
This is the best of both worlds!
Since I also purchased 'Near New' I purchased the extended warranty -- german vehicles can be fickle -- you just never know.

Miles Per Gallon Sure-footed Inline 4 Turbo Stereo/Sound System Front-Wheel Drive Roominess Understated Luxury

Center Console More 'Standard' Features (i.e. Homelink, Auto Lights) Upgraded Leather

Audi’s Life Lesson
By insano03

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If I only listened to my friend who begged me not to purchase an Audi after an awful experience, my life would have been much better over the past three years. Twelve check engine lights later and a new transmission,
I am here to proclaim that Audi is a nightmare and does not stand by its product. During a three year period, my A4 was in the shop approximately 35 days. Audi is one of the few cars that charge a deductible for part covered under a CPO warranty. I had to shell out $85 per visit, which amounted to $1020 not including tax. If you dare to own an Audi and like misery, I suggest getting a warranty to ease the pain. Although my Audi experience was painful, I learned a life lesson!

Very reliable
By a4lvr

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchase my A4 2.0T quattro new in 2006. Since then I have driven the car 167,588 miles. I have spent $5,800 so far in maint & repairs including tires. I have followed the maint schedule to the letter except for oil changes. I do the oil & filter every 5000 miles. The car still consistently gets 30-32 MPG. It still has the original shocks and exhaust. it will need it's second timing belt at 190,000. The timing belt is a maitenance item. Handling in the snow is effortless and safe. I am curious as to why so many bad reviews. Maybe the cars were not maintained properly from the start or abused. The bi-zeon lights had been troublesome but the dealer & Audi took care of the issue.

Quattro system comfortable solid ride and handling beautiful cream leather interior/light wood trim heated seats front & rear bluetooth rain sensing wipers cornering head lights ski bag & folding rear seat exterior styling and paint quality memory front seats bulit in 3 car garage door opener the little sun visor behind the rear view mirror full size spare tire dimming/compass rear view mirror folding outside mirrors excellant dealer/Audi support

Best value AWD German car
By sebastianz

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 52k miles and my warranty expired over 2 years ago. The only issue I had was a low oil pressure light that was showing once in couple of days. Audi replaced the sensor first, and since it did not fix the problem, they did replaced the oil pump. I had the issue reported to Audi when warranty active, so even my warranty was out for 8 months, they still covered the issue.

Quattro use on wet road, good brakes, great winter performance, quick and good seat warmers, sd card slots for mp3.

50 extra horses