2006 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
So much fun to drive
By Jake on 08/13/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Best car i have ever owned. 25+ MPG in the city and 30+ MPG on the Highway. Super fun to drive. It's an all around great compact sports car. Very Minor maintenance issues, but there isn't a car out there that doesn't

Do not buy AUDI A4
By Marty on 08/04/10 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I may never own another Audi, 10,000 miles over warranty and $11,000 dollars worth of engine problems. I drove this car 25 miles per day only back and forth from work, no hard driving, all interstate. Check engine light came on one day and took to dealer and told $11,000 to fix, need new camshaft, turbo out, and a list of things. I will never own another Audi and this is my second with problems like this, and no help from Audi USA.

Do not buy a used Audi. It will not last
By jojo on 06/24/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Garbage. 49,000 miles new engine needed, probably because of the turbo. Later fuel pressure problems, check engine lights on. If you need a used car, do not buy it. Buy Japanese.

Engine Problems Never Ending
By BSD on 02/19/10 13:53 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bad engine intake valve at 49K. Dealership lost the paperwork & I drove it for a month (& beyond warranty) with the ck engine light on before they got the car fixed. Now 2k out of warranty, 4th cylinder taking in air, bad valve seat, needs new cylinder head & misc. valves. And now they're telling me the problem is that I'm changing the oil & performing maintenance per the manufacturer's instructions & I should co-pay the bill on a pre-existing condition!? I bought this car new; I am the primary driver; this is my first foreign-made vehicle; If Audi doesn't stand behind its product 100% it will be my last.

2006 3.2 Quattro AT
By macpora on 11/07/09 05:00 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. I drove it from LA to Colorado Springs averaging 28MPG, fast. Yes, lacking in low end torque but no shortage of passing power. Dream to drive through the canyons of Utah and Colorado. Handles very well in icy conditions.

62,000 Miles and the engine is done.
By LaneC on 09/20/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

What a fun car to drive. It hugs the road, it whips up to speed in seconds, it sips gas and it looks like a millionaire's car. Unfortunately at 62,000 miles I just found out the engine needs to be replaced. Fortunately I purchased the car nine (9) months ago as a certified pre-owned so the work will be covered under their warranty.

Safe & Solid
By audilover on 08/28/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well balanced road manners. The quattro system is amazing in the snow. Very stable on wet roadways. Full size spare tire is a plus. Very comfortable seats. Heating and a/c controls are too complicated. Fit and finish inside and out is of a very high quality. My A4 came with every available option. I have put 98,000 miles on it since I purchased new in 04/2006. Maintenance can be expensive. I get 30mpg average city/highway. Have gotten 36mpg on a long trip. Adaptive xenon headlights are ok but kind of gimmicky. Had to have them replaced under warranty. Timing belt requires replacement at 110,000 miles. I just had mine done at 90,000miles. Cost was $1,600.

What a car
By GerryM on 07/20/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The precision of the steering, the power of the turbo and overall fun to drive aspect, has revitalized me and given me a reason to love cars again. Definitely not a boring, Lexus and Acura. This is German engineering at its best.

A Great Car
By Johnnyrocket on 06/16/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Audi for nearly two years and have put a considerable amount of miles on it. I've only needed to bring it in once outside of its scheduled maintenance for a minor problem (engine coolant leak). This car is beautifully designed, and drives like a sports car. Handles phenomenally in snowy/icy conditions and like a dream on dry pavement. I'm not rich so when I buy a car it's a big deal (I must have spent 6 mos deciding and comparing other vehicles!), but I don't think for the money I could have made a better choice!

I would do it again!!!
By Ken~WI on 04/23/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

18 Months and 35K+ miles later: I would do it again, "Buy Another Certified Audi Vehicle". 29MPG Highway occasional better. Incredible in snow of any depth here in Southern WI. Zero Maintenance issues!!!!!! Just replaced the OEM Continental Tires at 60K+ miles. Purchased Ultra High Performance Eagle GT's from Goodyear. Great looking, fun to Drive, head turning vehicle. Everything I had hoped for when buying my first European AWD Car. Be sure to ask about the interest rate for Certified Used, the extended warranty and the service package up to 100K Miles. 12 more months and I'm searching for a 2008 or 2009.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.