2006 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Audiís Life Lesson
By insano03 on 11/15/11 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If I only listened to my friend who begged me not to purchase an Audi after an awful experience, my life would have been much better over the past three years. Twelve check engine lights later and a new transmission, I am here to proclaim that Audi is a nightmare and does not stand by its product. During a three year period, my A4 was in the shop approximately 35 days. Audi is one of the few cars that charge a deductible for part covered under a CPO warranty. I had to shell out $85 per visit, which amounted to $1020 not including tax. If you dare to own an Audi and like misery, I suggest getting a warranty to ease the pain. Although my Audi experience was painful, I learned a life lesson!

Very reliable
By a4lvr on 10/28/11 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchase my A4 2.0T quattro new in 2006. Since then I have driven the car 167,588 miles. I have spent $5,800 so far in maint & repairs including tires. I have followed the maint schedule to the letter except for oil changes. I do the oil & filter every 5000 miles. The car still consistently gets 30-32 MPG. It still has the original shocks and exhaust. it will need it's second timing belt at 190,000. The timing belt is a maitenance item. Handling in the snow is effortless and safe. I am curious as to why so many bad reviews. Maybe the cars were not maintained properly from the start or abused. The bi-zeon lights had been troublesome but the dealer & Audi took care of the issue.

Best value AWD German car
By sebastianz on 10/20/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 52k miles and my warranty expired over 2 years ago. The only issue I had was a low oil pressure light that was showing once in couple of days. Audi replaced the sensor first, and since it did not fix the problem, they did replaced the oil pump. I had the issue reported to Audi when warranty active, so even my warranty was out for 8 months, they still covered the issue.

Will never own an audi again!!
By jpcjulia2011 on 07/05/11 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car as a certified pre-owned vehicle at 26000miles thankful I purchased the warranty. In the 1st week check engine light came on. Few weeks later my fuel pump went out. A couple months later, some valves have failed in the engine. A couple months after that-some hose have melted and caused a check engine light.. Then coil pack. Then transmission. Transmisson again. Fuel pump.. again. Oil pump, engine valves. All in a 1.5 yrs. 70,000 miles now. I'm selling this car as soon as I get it back from dealer. Never again! I only drive to and from work on the hwy, scheduled maint always was done, but it was a lemon. No help from dealer, or Audi USA-can't admit there is an issue.

Be warned....
By lowaprlover on 05/01/11 16:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 06 A4 BRAND NEW. Within 6 months it had to be towed...not once but twice for ignition coil failure. One time I was crossing over a large bridge and the car was chugging the second time I was stuck and the car wouldn't start. It was down hill from there. Oil leaks breather valve went, and a host of other issues. Cost me a fortune (high mileage). I don't appreciate ppl saying things about not taking care of the car. My car was beyond taken care of and it was still in service all the time. STAY AWAY. They will NOT help you or admit theres an issue even though they are aware of all these issues. I traded it in for a honda, and can guarantee it will be more reliable!!

Fun to drive but...
By sfced on 02/05/11 05:37 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Good looking, very fast and handles like a dream. Definitely a fun to drive car. In terms of reliability, this is the worse car I've ever owned. I have to take it to the dealer while it was under warranty at least twice. The oil filter housing (made out of plastic) broke during an oil change and it took nearly a week to receive a new one, which was over a $100. The last moth I had it, it threw "check engine" lights for three different issues. For the last one the dealer wanted over $1000 to repair it. I had them clear the light, drove it to the nearest Honda dealership, traded it in, and never looked back... for 61,000 miles, I'm disappointed.

Shoddy interior quality
By Audi vs BMW on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Initially, I was very happy with my purchase of the Audi A4. With it's AWD, it was the perfect choice for driving in Wisconsin winters. However, four years into my purchase, I am very disappointed because of the shoddy wear of the interior. The glove box has fallen off, and from what I read in Audi forums, this is fairly common and Audi charges big bucks to fix this defect. The leather of the drivers seat has developed cracks. And the hinge on the center console has stopped working. I previously owned a BMW 318ti for 10 years. Year ten, the interior was just as good as the day I purchased it. For the money, I was expecting the same quality. Audi does not deliver. I will return to BMW.

Not this one
By jojo on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Noisy, bed road holding, not reliable, you will need a private gas station. All the report are advertisements=lies

Amazing
By Vasil on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Amazing car! I have owned Mercedes, BMW and now Audi! And I want to say German' cars are the best! And also I want to say to everybody: the Germans car need more care than others! If you not care about your car, you will get a lot of problems! So stop writing bad reviews! Check oil level on every fueling, don't drive you car after starting the engine first time in the morning, wait couple minuets, don't kill engine, and you never get a problems!

Super car
By GREAT CAR on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I really love this car. If you read these people's reviews with their broken down audis, you must understand if you don't take care of your car it will break especially used ones. I get 23 mpg very very low maintenance on the car I couldn't be happier.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.