Used 2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A4 Review
By rich

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the performance of this vehicle. The pickup reminds me of the small block muscle cars of the 60s.The interior is very ergonomically friendly with all the buttons easy to reach. The exterior has a stance that makes me feel like a lion among lambs on the road with an engine to back up my feelings when needed. I don't know why I didn't get an Audi before, but with today's advanced design, I'm glad I waited.

Favorite Features

The turbo charger. A 4 cyclinder with performance 6 of a v8. The exterior design: front massive grill; menacing stance; rear design and wide fender wells. Stereo is awesome, wonder what Bose sounds like. I will enjoy this car long after it's paid off.

Suggested Improvements

More standard features; HID lights, bigger wheels, daytime running lights; options are expensive.

Good Car, but....
By Jeff Matthews

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall, a very nice car. Powerful, solid frame, handles well. We have the technology package with bluetooth and memory seats, etc. We have enjoyed the car except for one feature: the adaptive headlights. These are Xenon headlights that move as the front wheels move. A neat idea, but we've had continuing problems with one headlight cutting off when it gets sufficiently dark for the "auto on" feature to work. Unfortunately, and despite a good effort, they have been unable to correct the problem and we are getting our money back through the state's Lemon Law. I would recommend the Audi A4, but not this adaptive light feature.

Favorite Features

Absolutely the best car stereo I've ever heard. Nimble handling, plenty of power in the 2.0T. Comfortable interior. Memory seat settings are great, as is the Homelink. Walnut trim.

Suggested Improvements

Emergency brake handle needs to be moved, it interferes with the armrest.

Better than my Lexus!!!
By sandy

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just love this car!! The quality is outstanding. I use the audi and my husband now has the Lexus R300. I got the better car if you ask me. The bose sound system is pure quality. The only complaint I would have, make the seats a little wider. Other than that this car is awesome and fun to drive... very fast.

Favorite Features

Bose speakers, Bluetooth technology, upgraded headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Wider driver seat, bluetooth technology doesn't work the greatest.

By Jeremy

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned this car for 4 weeks, and put over 2000 miles on it. 1600 of those on a road trip up the California coast. We had a blast driving this car, and got lots of comments and looks from admirers. Its a sport car, handles very well, and is very fast. The steering is unbelievable. You can make a u turn almost anywhere. Another neat thing about Audi is you can modify your car as much as you want. There are many companies that specialize in custom upgrades. You at least need to test drive this car if you are considering it. It's a great car.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic and sport modes, upscale interior, easy steering, steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Width of legroom for front seats, location of cup holders is awkward, seatbelt chime, cost of extra features.

Awesome!
By Joel

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My 2006 A4 exceeded my expectation. Great pick-up, terrific handling, oustanding standard Audi symphony sound system. This is my third A4 and the very best experience of all!

Favorite Features

Engine, new steering wheel, sound system, seat comfort,CVT transmission

Suggested Improvements

none