2006 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Do Not Trust
By Del on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Sometimes locks doors when I exit car, even w/ motor running, which should be impossible. Once refused to shift down while passing a car and refused to accelerate in any selected gear except "Drive." Revs would peak at 4k, even with accelerator planted firmly to firewall. Tried every possible position of gear selector and punched the accelerator to downshift during 50 miles of freeway driving, to no avail. After shutdown, no problem. Do not trust this car. Dealer's tech indicates he never heard of such a problem. Dealer is 200 miles distant, and tech doubts problem can be diagnosed, since no warning lights were lit.

Awesome Vehicle
By AvantDriver on 10/27/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle has been everything I've expected and more. On most of my highway trips (usually 800 miles each way) I average around 30mpg and that's crossing the Rocky Mountains. The performance of the 2.0T is great for a 4cyl. Rarely do I have to shift out of 6th gear in order to pass or go up a grade. The interior is very comfortable and well laid out. The fit & finish is amazing, as expected from an Audi. Overall, I can't say this car is perfect but any of it's slight nuances are easily overshadowed by everything else.

Better than many sports cars
By 2nd, and best, Audi on 12/20/07 16:37 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

For this empty-nester, the A4 Avant is great for cross country trips for two with lots of stuff. 30+ mpg on trips, 27 overall. The 6-spd manual is rare in an Avant, but it's great fun when combine with sports suspension. At occasional track days, this fuddy-duddy station wagon can stay with some expensive sports machines. About all this car isn't good at is sneaking up on pedestrians, as direction injection engine has an almost-diesel clatter.

Unsafe Transmission
By ed sokolofski on 11/14/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Owned an Audi 5000CS during the unintended acceleration scare years. Fun to drive but a nightmare with repairs. Waited all these years to buy an Audi A4 wagon. Great design and overall build. However, had to have it towed after it died in the middle of an intersection. Supposed bad fuel pump sensor. Under warranty. Much bigger problem is the transmission (new design) that hesitates between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Hesitates so long that it is unsafe when pulling out into traffic, etc. Dealer said it's the nature of the beast and to change the way I drive. Can't wait to return car. Luckily, I only have 9 months left on lease. Feels unsafe to drive. Take a long test drive before you buy.

Awesome Audi Avant Manual 6
By Scott on 09/29/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 Avant 3.2 manual has the premium, s-line, cold and titanium packages. I defected from BMW. This car has great handling with understated looks but still gets stares. The manual shifts crisply and the power through all gears is great. It really pulls through each one when you step on the gas. The only problem so far is an annoying rattle in the dash. Dealer says they charge for labor on rattles after 12k miles. Audi USA says it's covered under warranty. This is the only disappointment on the car. Stereo, Bluetooth are great. I love the dash. The white and red contrast is very sporty and lux.

Not your soccer-mom's station wagon
By CoKi on 04/25/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's been 7 months of sheer driving nirvana. We have an almost fully loaded version. At first I thought it was silly to have so many add-ons, but honestly can't say I don't appreciate them all now. I love the S-Line package, very sporty and aggresive looking, soooo sweet on the twisties. I also love the new larger front grille design. I wouldn't change a thing on the exterior styling, perfectly sporty yet understated. I wouldn't have a problem recommending this car to anyone.

Coolness for a wagon
By PJ on 02/20/07 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Wife wanted to downsize from SUV to a wagon. After test driving Subaru and Saab, I convinced her to ignore the price of the Audi A4 Avant 2.0T and test drive it. She loved it. While not much of a wagon fan, I have found I really like driving this semi-sporty little car. I love the sport shift, cornering ability (with 17 inch wheels/tires), and excellent suspension. The little 4 cyl has decent accel power - more than I anticipated. This is our first Audi and we really like it. Interior represents genius design.

This Audi Rocks!
By Raudi on 07/31/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several vehicles and ended up purchasing the Audi because it handled better, accelerated as well, got better gas mileage, better interior and trunk space plus it was priced right. I have had several nice cars, but this is by far the best all around car I have ever owned!

My 3.2 Avant
By Sergio on 06/18/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

The Avant A4 3.2 "S" Line looks like a normal wagon but it handles like a sports car, specially on a rainy day, it becomes another car with the traction control and Quattro (AWD) makes you feel secure.

Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
By paul on 03/17/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Wagon 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car. 6 speed automatic transmission is a little quirky. But the sport transmission feature is fun to drive. Acceleration is excellent for a 4 cyl engine. Interior is very quiet, roomy and comfortable. I don't like the seat belt/door open/headlight alarm. Very annoying and rather loud. Brake dust is excessive. Other than that, I really enjoy every aspect of the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.