2006 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Buyer Beware
By ashly_la on 05/07/14 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

For all of you that said that if you don't take care of your car then of course you can expect problems, seriously, you should just be sooooo lucky that you go one of the few NON-LEMONS. I have kept my car in mint condition and I have had the ignition coils replaced 5 times! The altenator, crankshaft, Electronic Control Module, Purge Valve, and the transmission is failing. It is now at audi with an estimated repair of 4,500. I bought the car in 2009 and almost instantly had mechanical problems and I bought it as a certified pre-owned. The thing that makes me the most mad is that they are known recalls but will only cover them the first go around. Be ready to fix them over and over.

test
By Karen%40Edmunds on 02/25/14 12:54 PM (PST)

test

Fantastic Car
By antonioa4 on 02/22/14 10:59 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2006 A4 for about a year now and it runs like a champ. Had 85k on the odometer and since I've put another 15k this year. The car is great in every way. It looks great, classy, good performance for a sedan, and very comfy. Also the car its self is very reliable BUT I feel that many previous owners will not take good care of the car. These cars are very picky and need premium fuel, synthetic oil changes, etc. Before you buy make sure the previous owner took care of the car because maintenance and repair costs do add up. This year alone I've spent about $1500 in maintenance including, transmission fluid, tune up, brakes, fuel cleaning, new turbo etc. But all in all great car!

One of my best purchases!
By ambermg on 01/02/14 16:11 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the 4th owner, and purchased this car after a GREAT deal of researching for 2 weeks. I bought this car in 2011 (it was 5 model years old then) with 54k miles on the clock, and have been pleasantly surprised by its reliability. In the 2 years and 3 months I've owned my Audi, I've only spent $300 on service that wasn't routine maintenance. At 72k miles I had to replace the turbo recirculation valve. At the local Audi dealership they replaced several parts that weren't even on a recall and despite the fact that my car was WAY out of warranty...all at no charge, and topped it off with a complimentary car wash and synthetic oil change.

Money to blow?
By auditempe on 02/12/13 06:48 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you have money to blow, and you want a flashy, luxurious, thrilling sports car then you need an Audi A4 Quattro. The car is a rock star. HOWEVER: If you don't have a spare $5000 to blow at all times, this car is not for you. Even if you take obsessive care of it, the car will have problems (I'm quoting the Audi service rep Britney at Audi Chandler, Arizona). My AC blew out, $2500 to fix. She said it happens all the time!!?? I constantly have to replace interior parts like the glove box cover, dash case, and shift knob compartment. Repairs routinely cost over $1200. Combine with $1200 regular maintenence and you have a serious ethical decision to make. Is it worth it? Not for me. Honda!

Very Satisfied
By rms572 on 11/01/12 23:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've read all the gripes about reliability and maintenance costs, and wonder if it's just the owners of the lemons using this forum to let off some steam. Suppose I'd do the same, actually, but I've been really happy with our Audi. Its design is understated, not flashy, almost utilitarian, but very classy. It's stood the test of time well and looks as good as any of the current models. As for reliability, we've really had no major issues. As NYC drivers, we put the wheels and tires to the test on our pitiful roads, and thus have changed many tires. This is really my only gripe, but that can hardly be blamed on the car.

My first car
By waiting119 on 06/25/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Steering wheel can be heavier but handling is great in general. The brake is sometimes not responsive enough esp when going downhill, but since the brake pads havent been replaced for quite a while already that is perfectly normal & I could tell the brake will be awesome once i get the pads replaced. Engine is a 1.8T but I consider it more than powerful enough for a new driver driving in a small city like HK. I especially love driving it on highways and it is always ready to offer you a pep whenever you need/want it - so overtaking can be done at ease. It runs stably & noise isolation is great. Awesome interior build quality.

Fun to drive, costly to own
By jdr8n on 01/11/12 13:39 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Original purchaser, just over 5 years with not quite 60k km's/37k mi on it, all easy miles. All maintenance done by Audi per recommended schedule. Great car to drive, but expensive to maintain once OoW. Low oil pressure light/check engine light 1 month out of warranty. Known issue with oil starvation due to sludge requires a complete engine replacement - $12k. Dealer went to bat for me and Audi's covering a portion, but even so, it's more than I spent on my last 2 Ford's with twice the mileage. Clicking noises come from dash when cold due to known issues with actuators. Audi won't cover even though reported under warranty. Even basic service is 2X my Ford/Honda. Costly lesson.

Former BMW/MBZ Driver - Now an Audi Driver
By 2bsi2 on 01/01/12 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

For the last 15 years I drove a BMW or MBZ, beacause what I like to call "QUALITY OF DRIVE." Downside higher fuel costs & repairs. Another BMW/MBZ is out of the question; as pricing isn't sensible and searched until I was surprised by the quality of the Audi A4. My 'near-new' A4 is as surefooted as my BMW, but tons lighter like my MBZ. Luxury is not lacking but, could be better. What I love the most is both my BMW/MBZ's ran approx 16-21 mpg -- I'm now at 30 MPG's in my Audi A4 2.0T and she get's me 500 miles between fill-ups. This is the best of both worlds! Since I also purchased 'Near New' I purchased the extended warranty -- german vehicles can be fickle -- you just never know.

Audi’s Life Lesson
By insano03 on 11/15/11 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If I only listened to my friend who begged me not to purchase an Audi after an awful experience, my life would have been much better over the past three years. Twelve check engine lights later and a new transmission, I am here to proclaim that Audi is a nightmare and does not stand by its product. During a three year period, my A4 was in the shop approximately 35 days. Audi is one of the few cars that charge a deductible for part covered under a CPO warranty. I had to shell out $85 per visit, which amounted to $1020 not including tax. If you dare to own an Audi and like misery, I suggest getting a warranty to ease the pain. Although my Audi experience was painful, I learned a life lesson!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.