2006 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Bad audi
By wrongaudi on 07/13/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bad Audi the first week. The engine noise sound like a diesel engine. Battery dead after 2 yrs. Misc. Controls and knobs stop working. When top down the driver window rattles. I think I bought a lemon. Brought to the dealer. They said the engine noise was normal. They didn't do nothing with the window.

Sudden acceleration!!!
By BG on 03/06/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was stopped by a light ready to make a left turn, foot on the brake-car in drive as always. Suddenly the engine started to re to what seemed like the redline. Brakes barely held so I immediately put the car into neutral and stepped on the accelerator to quiet the engine. It worked but I just missed hitting the car in front by about 2 feet. Had it flatbedded to Audi who (even after a technician came) couldn't find anything wrong. If it happened once it will happen again. No carpet issue. I love this car and wish they would have found something. Reported to nhtsa who will investigate. Happen to anyone else? This is a major accident waiting to happen. Be very careful my friends.

Best Car Out There
By cjalex on 03/06/07 11:57 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

If there were a stability award for most stable convertible on the road, then the A4 cabriolet would win it! I loved driving my cabriolet, especially because I live in Florida. I had a couple problems with it, but other than that, it was perfect. I recommend this car for someone who is looking for a sports luxury compact convertible all in one, for a reasonable price. I especially like the interior design.

A fun and smart car to drive!
By Jacquie O on 08/18/06 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

It's sleek and strong, fitting my personality to a tee! Excellent handling and zooming in and out of traffic is a breeze in the sport gear. Also gets great gas mileage for such a sporty vehicle.

Enjoying the Florida Sun!
By Mike Dobbins on 07/23/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great fun to drive, especially the handling and overall ride comfort. The fuel economy is an added bonus for this car.

Traded 99 Boxster for this - love it so
By Larry on 07/17/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Started having maint issues with Porsche... wanted something with convert., good warranty, luxury, and the scheduled maint is still included thru '06.

Fun in the sun!!!
By JC on 07/02/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Excellent Fuel economy with 1.8t Runs the sames numbers as the 3.0 because of the added weight. Beautiful inside and out.

Great Car
By Mike on 05/15/06 22:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very fun to drive. It handles well. Great interior/exterior fit and finish. Seats are firm and comfortable. Controls and instruments are easy to read and user friendly. Performance is a bit unresponsive when first starting up from a stop while in Drive.

neilsaudi
By convertiblelover on 10/14/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Having driven a Porsche Boxster S for four years, I did not think that I would enjoy the A4 as much. I am so glad that I am wrong. The A4 drives like a dream. It is comfortable and handles well. It is no slouch in the passing lane and performs just as well in the city as it does on the highway. The trunk is unusually roomy for a convertible. The styling and instrumentation is second to none. The fit and finish are superior. Even the basic Symphony sound system with nine speakers is more than adequate. I got the Premium package with my vehicle and love all its components (xenon headlights, electronically adjustable passenger's seat, etc.) I am breaking in my A4 and love its mpg, too

Love this car!!
By Jennifer on 09/05/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had so many people come up to me saying how much they love the looks of my car. I've been so happy with it. I love that it tells me when I need to bring it in for service, since I'm a complete "auto-illiterate."

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.