Used 2006 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

stay away
By jei

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

2006 a4 cabrio s line. this car suck .. its not reliable at all . I have 95000 miles on it and every 2 months something break or stop working . the parts are crazy expensive. the material that the interior is made of are cheap and dont last at all. the car feels cheap all over .. my 2000 bmw with 180000 miles had way way way less problems than the audi and still going strong . I really regret buying audi.

2nd owner of this wonderful vehicle
By Jan Chambers

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car with 45K miles on it as a 2nd home car for Arizona. I had an A4 convertible in NJ, a 2007, and loved it. I love this car too. Great pickup and go, been a great car (now with 67K miles on it). Car looks almost new as I get it detailed inside and out every year in AZ. The only problem are the cloudy headlights which I'd like to get remedied.

The convertible top and the ease of putting up or down.

Constant problem with back right tail light going out.

Bad audi
By wrongaudi

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bad Audi the first week. The engine noise sound like a diesel engine. Battery dead after 2 yrs. Misc. Controls and knobs stop working. When top down the driver window rattles. I think I bought a lemon. Brought to the dealer. They said the engine noise was normal. They didn't do nothing with the window.

convertible,

Sudden acceleration!!!
By BG

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was stopped by a light ready to make a left turn, foot on the brake-car in drive as always. Suddenly the engine started to re to what seemed like the redline. Brakes barely held so I immediately put the car into neutral and stepped on the accelerator to quiet the engine. It worked but I just missed hitting the car in front by about 2 feet. Had it flatbedded to Audi who (even after a technician came) couldn't find anything wrong. If it happened once it will happen again. No carpet issue. I love this car and wish they would have found something. Reported to nhtsa who will investigate. Happen to anyone else? This is a major accident waiting to happen. Be very careful my friends.

I "loved" the car until now.Great fit and finish. Very comfortable.

This happened to AUDI in the 80's and they almost went bankrupt.They HAVE to find the cause. Strange how it happened the same month as the Toyota mess.Audi are you listening?

Best Car Out There
By cjalex

2006 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

If there were a stability award for most stable convertible on the road, then the A4 cabriolet would win it! I loved driving my cabriolet, especially because I live in Florida. I had a couple problems with it, but other than that, it was perfect. I recommend this car for someone who is looking for a sports luxury compact convertible all in one, for a reasonable price. I especially like the interior design.

The thing that sticks out the most about this car is the interior. The circled air conditioning vents add a sharp look to the car. It is luxury and sport.

I think that they can do a little something with the 4 cylinder 1.8l turbo. It's quick, but I know Audi can make it quicker. Also, the center console is a little small for my liking, but other than that, it is perfect.