Used 2006 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

stay away
By jei

2006 Audi A4 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

2006 a4 cabrio s line. this car suck .. its not reliable at all . I have 95000 miles on it and every 2 months something break or stop working . the parts are crazy expensive. the material that the interior is made of are cheap and dont last at all. the car feels cheap all over .. my 2000 bmw with 180000 miles had way way way less problems than the audi and still going strong . I really regret buying audi.

2006 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo Quattro - great car
By john s

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Audi got it right with this car. I have 187,000 miles on it and it runs/drives great. Paint is a little chipped from the constant driving and I hit a deer that made a dent in the driver's side door but other than that the car handles great on winding mountain roads and in the snow/rain. I change the oil every 5000 miles with full synthetic and the engine hums like new. Only complaint is changing the timing belt and water pump every 100,000 miles ($1600). I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to pick up a used car for a teenager.

Highly recommended
By jasonppn

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Many people complain about expensive maintenance. If you are like me and do your own maintenance, there is very little you have to do or pay. I have an OBD II computer that I use whenever the check engine light comes on (not often). I bought it with 55,000 miles on it, it now has 87,000. I've had to replace a coil pack (easy fix, $37 and 1 hour of my own labor), divertor valve ($150, 2 hours labor), and that is all. To change your oil, it is handy if you have the Audi tool ($100) for cartridge style oil filters (you'll have a mess if you don't), but you can make your own pretty easily out of a hose and the right diameter bottle. The car drives absolutely beautifully, couldn't be happier.

6 speed manual transmission: this is a fun car with that transmission. AWD: this car is very responsive and has a tight feeling. Although I don't like driving it on dirt roads and in the snow, it is very good in those conditions. Confidence boosting for sure. I especially notice this when driving other cars in these conditions, they don't perform nowhere close to the Audi.

When driving long distances, I sometimes find my right knee rubbing on the center console awkwardly. This isn't noticeable on short trips, but after awhile I notice it. It's most likely just my posture though.

2nd owner of this wonderful vehicle
By Jan Chambers

2006 Audi A4 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car with 45K miles on it as a 2nd home car for Arizona. I had an A4 convertible in NJ, a 2007, and loved it. I love this car too. Great pickup and go, been a great car (now with 67K miles on it). Car looks almost new as I get it detailed inside and out every year in AZ. The only problem are the cloudy headlights which I'd like to get remedied.

The convertible top and the ease of putting up or down.

Constant problem with back right tail light going out.

Original Owner 2006 A4- 118K miles and still going
By audix4

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Original owner of our Audi A4 2006. Have done all suggested maintenance at the Audi dealership. Usually runs an average of $2000 per year. Other than that, absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Sporty Look, drives like mile 1 at now presently 118k miles.

Some of the pleather on the interior has peeled off. Looks tacky. I see that this design feature has been corrected on our new Q5 2015 model.

• SUV