2005 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Great car but...

2005 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo CVT Automatic)

Great car but...
By Keith on

2005 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Well, it is a great car. Convertible and great gas mileage. Fun to drive and gorgeous to look at. I recommend that you buy one if you can but make sure that it comes with a warranty. These cars cost a lot of money to fix when they break and make sure that the dealer will take care of the problem for you. My 05 A4 at 38k just encountered a transmission problem and I never thought that I would have any kind of problem with this car that involved the transmission. My warranty expired 3 months ago and the cost to fix is $1600 for a modulator. The next thing that I'm going to purchase for this car is a warranty. But it is a great car!

Convertible, leather seating, power for the engine size, great on gas, roomy for a little car.

Transmissions shouldn't have a problem under 50k. The only improvement that I could think of is a 100k bumper to bumper warranty. Why not? It cost enough to own!