2005 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Nice car but get extended warr

2005 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Review

Nice car but get extended warranty
By peaceandloveca on

2005 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0. I LOVE MY CAR! The only thing is that when you have issues, it's EXPENSIVE! I bought my Audi with 60K miles on it in 2008. Yes, quite a bit of miles on it already, but it looked brand new. I paid $23K out which incl a 4 year/100K mi warranty. I had to replace the transmission computer but that was covered under Audi warranty (just for CA I was told). No coverage - looking at almost $2K! There are too many electrical "gadgets" on this car NOT to have an extended warranty unless you buy new. Other then a blown fuse that controlled the top and trunk (only $2.99 for a pack of fuses) and the start of a coolant leak (yikes) no issues. I currently have 77K mi.

At night, the red lights on dash, middle console and doors illuminate. It's GORGEOUS. Seat warmers for the front seats (a must for convertibles), roomy trunk (when top is up you can expand trunk space), sports driving mode and manual mode options when you want some added pickup.

Cup holders in arm rest are USELESS! You have to keep the lid of the armrest up when using cup holders which gets in the way. Emergency break is under arm rest. Not all that roomy for backseat passengers, but still ok. Audi Symphony sound system is "decent". Get the Bose option if you can.