Used 2005 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Most Helpful|
It's pretty decent for the price
By caaz

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is a pretty good car, but if it didn't have maintenance and a really good warranty I would have gone broke by now. The A4 after 2000 miles started having problems with the engine, then around 15000 miles the windows on the car would not go up or down and so was the sunroof which was stuck during the rainy season in california. At around 22000 miles the car's transmission light started going off and on, went to the dealership to only find out the transmission module had broken. But thanks to the warranty it was covered or would have cost me over 6000 dollars to replace, but I had no car for over a month.

Favorite Features

The bose sound system, plus I got got some subwoofers which all go great together, the autodimming mirrors, sport package.

Suggested Improvements

Outside auto dimming mirror, tire pressure monitoring, dual power seats, two pull out cup holders over that stupid little credit card or change slot, standard larger rims with 18s included in sport package, nicer rims with color option.

Disappointed of Audi
By Ronny L.

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved my VW Golf build in Germany. My Audi, is a not a total disaster but fighting with Audi NA about quality issues. My headlights were a rain forest. Audi won't fix nor address this issue. I did my own fix to it. If you buy an Audi, make sure you find an independent shop that works on your car for about 40% to 60% less than an Audi dealer otherwise your are paying too much. I will not buy an Audi again. It is a super fun car to drive in rain and snow. This is not comparable to any other cars I ever had. Also, make sure you grease the wiper transmission, this is also an Audi quality issue. Make sure you get a Certified Pre-owned (CPO) if you buy a used Audi.

Favorite Features

Suspension, interior, build, handling on wet surface and snow,

Suggested Improvements

leg room, quality, customer service by Audi NA,

Amazing car
By Chris

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 4 or 5 months ago, and i love it. For a V6 it seems far more powerful than a V6 on any other car. Not only does the engine feel powerful, but it sounds amazing, I always used to listen to the radio, but now generally leave it on a low volume so i can listen to the engine. The interior is not made for a 6-speed, as the armrest covers the cut hold and hand-break, so i would recommend an auto. I've had some problems with the headlight bulbs, which are decently costly, but that's natural as I'm approaching 100k miles. I baby this car though, i clay and wax it several times a year, definitely feels like a show car that's fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Everything -- engine, appearance, AWD system (quattro), the comfort, smooth cornering, handling.

Suggested Improvements

The design of the interior (the armrest covering the cup holder and hand break, which has been addressed and fixed on Audi's B8 new models. (2009+)

$700 fuel pump
By gretabl

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Why did the fuel pump go bad after only 120,000 miles? The Acura we drive has 160,000 and the fuel pump is fine. $700 to replace it. $125 tow. I know it could be worse, but I think the reliability could be better. If you are doing all the required maintenance perfectly nothing should break.

Favorite Features

performance, fun to drive, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability.

What a great car !!
By reality5

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now . I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Favorite Features

Engine & turbo combo with trans . Car is fast but gets decent mileage , handles well & has a great stereo . I have owned maybe 30 cars in a long driving career as a field engineer & this car is by far my favorite . I will never sell this car & will drive it until it just crumbles on the road .

Suggested Improvements

The only way to make this car better is to give it away for 50 bucks . G