2005 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Great Ride
By Happy Guy on 03/10/05 15:47 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2005 A4 3.0 Cabriolet is our 7th Audi and clearly the best. My wife drives an A6 Avant quattro, which also is a winner. Other than the lousy design of the console, the car is the best looking and the most fun to drive of any I have ever owned. I went from a Land Rover Discovery to the A4 Cab. It was a great Move!

Topless Audi is the Tops
By ALLISON on 02/22/05 17:04 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just purchased my Audi A4 Cabriolet after comparison shopping all of it's competitors's convertibles. This car is much roomier than the BMW 3-Series and has more interior charm as well. In comparison to the SAAB, there is none. The handling is superb and the solidity of the car is astounding! It is extremely quiet, with no wind noise even at higher speeds. The options are easy to choose, but most models do have premium accomodations. I highly recommend taking one out for a test drive...You won't be sorry, you'll be sold!

sporty, fun and classy
By clckwd on 02/15/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Toyota Supra for years, I bought the Audi 3.0 quattro convertible and haven't regretted it at all . While not the sports car the Supra is, the Audi handles great and adds a luxurious interior to boot. From the inside you can hardly tell it's a convertible--quiet and no shakes even at high speeds. On the highway, the car practically drives itself. The seats adjust a thousand ways so anyone can be comfortable. I love the way the passenger side mirror tilts down so you can see the curb when backing up. With the top down & the wind deflector up, the joys of convertible ownership are impeccable, and snow is no object either with the quattro. A great all-season vehicle.

It's a Beauty
By smanawar on 02/04/05 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 2005 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet with quattro after a long research period as I needed an all season convertable which can withstand harsh winters. This one perfectly fit the criteria. It is excellent for cold weather winter driving, being all wheel drive. It does not have a rough sports car feel and has a comfortable smooth ride. It is slightly low on horsepower but OK for my driving nature. The interior and exterior are the best in its class, especially the interior. It has enough back room for two average size adults. So far I love it.

California Dream
By Tod on 12/25/04 20:25 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Absolute fun to drive! Room for 4 adults. Simple, clean trim. Sport package is a must. A bit underpowered at lower speeds, but the fun factor easily compensates for power issues.

Great Car
By The Lady's Car on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We traded an Audi for a Mercedes and kept it 10 years but we had to go back to Audi as it was the best automobile that we had ever owned. The dealer is top notch, the new car is even better.

The 2005 Is A Mess & I've Had Two!
By GBH on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car is a piece of @#&*! I've had two 2005s. The first one made a noise so bad people in the lane next to me remarked. The dealer, no help from Audi, gave me a new one for another $1,500 bucks. The new one had the check engine light appear under 300 miles. The shop had it for 5 days, delivered it and the engine light appeared again. My service shop has put more miles on the car delivering it to me then I've put on the car driving it. Under 500 miles and it's going back tomorrow. This is a new identical car. The first one was a turbo, transmission, electrical mess. Audi refuses to stand behind their auto. Maybe your dealer will as good as mine and help you. Buy at your own risk.

Too Good to be TRUE
By AKF on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Car delivered last week. What an wonderful car!! Makes my old Sebring seem like a bucket of bolts. Great styling, ride, comfort, and lots of compliments and looks from everyone. Audi promised alot and delivers even more. This car truely makes you want to get up in the morning and go for a drive. If you are looking for a class car and don't want to be just another Joe in a Beamer or Benz...this is the car for you. I even got praise from my father-in-law who is the world's biggest car critic! Lt. Silver metalic with black interior is a real head turner. V6 delivers exceptional power across all ranges. Lot's of toys and comfort features. The interior quality is to die for!

3.0 quattro 2005 A4
By mjrupkp on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE this car! traded in sebring chrysler convertible that i "thought" I loved. NO COMPARISON!

Fun Meets Practical
By A Clark on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The minute I got behind the wheel of this car was the minute I fell in love. The driver's seat is so comfortable that if you didn't know you were in a car, you would swear you were sitting in a leather recliner. As for performance, boy does this car deliver! Not only does it excelerate with ease and give you that sporty engine rev but it also handles well on any type of road. The sport and triptonic features are so easy to use that they put the fun back in driving an automatic. As with all recent Audi styles, you feel protected on all sides without feeling like you are driving a tank. Not only is this car a joy to drive (especially at high speeds) it