Used 2005 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Worst Car I have ever bought!!!
By durank

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car was fine until the warranty ran out. I kept every service appointment with my car on time at only the Audi dealership and took excellent care of my car having it detailed each spring. Within a year of the warranty expiring my car would not start and at 62,000 miles and four years old my car needed a new $13,000 engine!!! The dealership told me they could not determine the cause and would not take care of any of the cost, which were more than the car was worth. They offered me nothing for a trade in and no deals on purchasing a new Audi, no financing. Audi does not stand by their cars or customers.

NONE

Complete overhaul of the company

Really nice car with a few annoyances
By sean

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I leased the car, a 2005.5, for 3 years. Very good handling + smooth ride combo. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. AWD is great, especially in foul weather.

AWD, nice ride with great handling.

The cup holder in this model pops out from the dash, which is just a bad idea. Also, the display for the satellite radio seemed like an afterthought. It cut off things like sports scores when listening to sporting events on XM, song title, artist, etc. Annoying for a $40k car.

Better than my grand cherokee in snow
By Dave

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall great vehicle, and I am happy with it. No major problems, although minor annoyances have been an issue. The paint job on the bumpers is horrible (but I attribute this to the dealership that sold me the car, not AUDI), and in the winter I have this annoying squeal that comes from the engine compartment (all the dealership will do is grease things down, which works for about a day). Car is great in snow, an amazingly comfortable ride (I do not have the sport suspension), great fuel economy (33 mpg highway easy, although mpg suffers horribly in the cold months). Some improvements can be made, but overall the car is great for me, an incredibly picky car person.

fold down rear seats, quattro (seriously this car is better in the snow than my 4wd v8 grand cherokee), Manual Tranny with AWD (who else does this? only bmw and subaru), first aid kit, all auto windows

seat comfort - could be a little softer, bigger engine, better stock stereo, paint quality (my front bumper has a million chips in it, although I believe the Mazda dealer I bought it from repainted the bumper poorly before selling it), wider ski sack (fit a snowboard)

Looks good, but...
By ky_j

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When I initially purchased the car in Jan 09 I was excited. Now, Nov 09 I'm kicking myself for selling my Toyota. Since I've owned it I've replaced ALL four ignition coils. Two in one day once! The passenger window regulator needs to be replaced and the A/C compressor is failing and leaking. The gas mileage is dismal for a 4-cylinder engine. I mostly commute on the freeway and only get about 22mpg on premium fuel. The Quattro system is noisy as well.

Great looking car. Nice interior. Quattro system is great for slippery conditions. Sound system has amazing clarity.

Focus on the quality of your parts. Simple parts like ignition coils should not fail. Window regulators should last forever. Save the fancy features and concentrate on making cars that people can have faith in.

Still Love This Car...
By mll

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned; granted it is my first Audi. After 4 years, I still love driving this car. It has great pick-up, is excellent on snow (we also own a 4WD SUV and the AWD A4 is much better) and has been extremely reliable. It still looks like new and I still get compliments on the look of it (I like the exterior design more than today's model). I don't know what I'll do when it's time to replace it!

It is so much fun to drive - it hugs the road - is extremely responsive and very fast. I have to really pay attention to my speed - it's easy to be way over the limit.

Could use more room in the backseat - but it's plenty for my little guy who rides back there most often.