2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Great car
By JC1980 on 08/08/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car used with 24,000 miles. So far it was exceeded my expectations. This is the first German car that I have owned, having owned a Jeep and Chevys previously. The maintenance package seems great, they found a coolant leak and fixed it along with replacing worn brake pads for free. Oil changes and most other basic services are included as well. My warranty does expire in Decemeber 08, and I have heard it's wise to purchase an extended warranty. Being a single guy in Chicago, I rarely use the backseat, but if you have a family you may want to consider the A6 , due to lack of backseat and trunk space in this model.

Fun to drive but prone to breakdowns
By Greg on 05/18/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very fun car to drive. It is easily equal to the 3 series BMW but you get more goodies on the base model. That said, be sure you can afford the maintenance this car requires. I have already lost an A/C compressor, heater core, and both front window motors. After the A/C repair, my car blows barely cool air and never cold air. The heater core started leaking in the middle of winter. Everything has been covered under warranty but things don't look good past that. This car is going to cost me plenty.

Audi's aweome!
By george q on 04/14/08 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I never dreamed of owning an Audi because I have always driven American. But after seeing a few A4's on the road I just had to have one. This is my first euro car and I think I am hooked! In terms of build quality and overall driving experience this is the car to drive. Steering is precise, instrument gauges and center stack are top notch. For an 05' she doesnt look dated at all and is sexy as hell. Unsure yet of reliability since I just recently purchased her, but so far, so good.

Best Car I've ever owned
By deuce808 on 04/07/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. I would recommend this car to anyone. It has great acceleration for a factory stock car and the turbo kicks in almost seamlessly. The stereo is great. I have the Audi Symphony one. have only had minor setbacks such as interior map lights and window control light fail and the dealer fixed it no questions asked. Bumper to bumper warranty covers everything even the battery. Just recently replaced that. Audi roadside assistance very helpful and fast.

I Believe - Audi in BMW backyard
By Bitten-the Audi Bug on 09/13/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted to start driving a manual trans again, but could not find one that I really like with 4WD. Then after the A4s that I test drove I settled for this one - black on black.

The Audi A4
By seattle a4 on 06/18/07 16:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 2 years driving, I've gotten a chance to reflect over the experience. First off, I would not buy an Audi. The A4 has shown me the entry level luxury field is somewhat of an oxymoron. And the A4 is one of the better entries in this market. The A4 is both luxurious as it is questionable in build. Those looking into buying a quality product should settle with the japanese offerings. At least then you would get a car that wouldn't be in Audi's wonderful service centers every week. 14 repairs in 2 years of ownership has kept me quite in the know about how cars work. The benefits of Audi products balance out some of the problems, but I would prefer driving my car daily, not a rental.

Buyers Beware!!
By neverbuyanaudi on 02/28/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for 23 months and it's been in the shop getting repaired for over 2 months. Replaced the computer, fuel tank, burned out lights, coolant leaks, trunk latch broke, seat belt switch, fuel injectors leaking fuel everywhere. I'm tired of driving a rental car around. 7 times in the shop for repairs, costing me several hundred dollars from missing time at work to deal with these problems. Don't buy!!!!

Pleasantly Surprised
By rtc130 on 02/21/07 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm very pleased with the Audi's mix of performance and luxury. Interior ergonomics and comfort are a step above the 3 series (which I test drove to compare). The BMW's 6 cylinder did not feel any more powerful that the Audi's 4 cylinder turbo. Plenty of safety features and additional comfort features to choose from. No problems in the 21000 miles I've driven.

Gorgeous
By marcossjk on 09/27/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Special Ed. Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

One of the most beautiful cars around. The interior is first class. The Special edition adds more fun to the driving experience, though a little stiff on bumpy roads. The only con is performance. The engine could use a little more power. Overall, a car that turns heads and gets lots of ohhh!! inside and out; but don't challenge other cars for a quick race... you'll be left eating dust.

Great car
By michelle on 08/11/06 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really great and I would recommend it to anyone. It has great acceleration. I love merging onto the highway beacuse I can always get in. It's really fun to drive and gets pretty decent gas mileage.