2005 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Audi cabriolet
By colby on 05/28/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives great, lost of fun to drive with the top down. Looks great in black with tan interior. Small leg room in the back seat, but still comfortable.

Winner - A4 Carbiolet
By JPouchet on 05/26/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

After examining all of the top marquees the Audi A4 was the big winner for topless driving. IMHO it represents the best performance, style, quality, and value for topless luxury/performance driving in the four- seat category. And our dealer treated us like royalty when others thought the A4 1.8T price level was not worth their effort. If you are considering topless driving give the A4 a serious look. Test with & w/o sport suspension. Not for everyone but great for me. Love the handling, lighting, interior, and wonderful aesthetics. Top is awesome and down 90% of the time.

over the long haul
By a4cabowner on 05/20/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car is as fun to drive today as it was in Nov 02 when I purchased the car. I took a chance with a new model but it has worked out well. The cabin is a driver's cabin, and with all the safety features I feel safe even with the top down cruising on challenging roads. As other reviewers have noted the ride is choppy going over speed bumps at slow speeds but other than that the car does not disappoint and provides me with an excellent experience.

Great Little Car
By Inne on 05/16/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Have had my newest love for two months and 4,000 miles. Single touch up/down top with glass back window and a covered boot is superior. Stock sound system is as good as BMW's Harmon Kardon. This is a sloooow car. Replaced my 2002 Honda S2000 which was fast but a bit hard on the body. Compares more than favorably to my 1999 323 BMW convertible with one exception.

COOLEST CAR ON THE PLANET!
By Leslie on 04/30/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I replaced my Miata with the A4 convertible. Not just a step up, but 100 steps up! I compared it with the BMW 300 serier and the Mercedes. No comparison for me. The creature features are over the top on the A4. I want luxury inside with a luxury exterior & price & ride = you don't all that with the BMW or Mercedes. The interior is beautiful & functional & comfortable. Can you tell I love it!

A4 cabriolet
By steven katz on 04/27/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car is a dream to drive. Very efficient for fuel. Love the power top. Do not like where the cruise control is placed. Great idea to have the space under both seats used for storage. The car is a little noisy at the lower gears but is quick in traffic to get in and out of lanes. Rear seats do not have a lot of room - good for short people or dogs. I am glad I do not have to sit there. I do a lot of travel on the interstate and the 6th gear is just great. This is a 4 cylinder with a lot of pep. Highly recommend this car.

I've got the manual!
By Ego on 04/26/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Audi A4 3.0 quattro Cabriolet is a great car. The AWD has been great when driving up to the mountains when there is lots of snow. I can use the "ski" bag for two snowboards with bindings on, which is great for a convertible. The car is incredibly quiet on the road. This car is very comfortable even at top speeds with the top down, although the Bose 9-speaker stereo has a hard time getting heard at those speeds.

Fun in the Sun
By Ingrid M. Dahlquist on 04/16/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have been an Audi driver for years, with a recent interruption, but now I'm back. My new 1.8L Turbo CVT Cabriolet is a sporty, responsive, yet elegant vehicle that is an attention-getter everywhere we go. Very fun to drive.

Too much fun!
By jpouchet on 04/15/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car has the styling, fit, finish, and aesthetics to beat the more expensive brands. I felt the BMW was lacking in refinement and the MB was over priced. The CVT feels like a manual trans when starting – cool! The sport suspension is fantastic but BETTER BRAKES are needed. The top works well. The interior has plenty of room but the cup holders are less than ideal. Radio with RDS and in-dash display along with driver computer is really neat. Love the red gauge displays. Buy this car!

It's a head-turner
By Peter Fischer on 03/19/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We like our 2004 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet very much. Space is definitly not her strength; but we knew that when we got it. This car's engine performance is excellent. The interior quality is very good. It is a little on the pricy side; but we also knew that.