2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Really nice car with a few annoyances
By sean on 12/27/09 22:16 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I leased the car, a 2005.5, for 3 years. Very good handling + smooth ride combo. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. AWD is great, especially in foul weather.

Better than my grand cherokee in snow
By Dave on 12/26/09 23:11 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall great vehicle, and I am happy with it. No major problems, although minor annoyances have been an issue. The paint job on the bumpers is horrible (but I attribute this to the dealership that sold me the car, not AUDI), and in the winter I have this annoying squeal that comes from the engine compartment (all the dealership will do is grease things down, which works for about a day). Car is great in snow, an amazingly comfortable ride (I do not have the sport suspension), great fuel economy (33 mpg highway easy, although mpg suffers horribly in the cold months). Some improvements can be made, but overall the car is great for me, an incredibly picky car person.

Looks good, but...
By ky_j on 11/13/09 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

When I initially purchased the car in Jan 09 I was excited. Now, Nov 09 I'm kicking myself for selling my Toyota. Since I've owned it I've replaced ALL four ignition coils. Two in one day once! The passenger window regulator needs to be replaced and the A/C compressor is failing and leaking. The gas mileage is dismal for a 4-cylinder engine. I mostly commute on the freeway and only get about 22mpg on premium fuel. The Quattro system is noisy as well.

Still Love This Car...
By mll on 09/11/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned; granted it is my first Audi. After 4 years, I still love driving this car. It has great pick-up, is excellent on snow (we also own a 4WD SUV and the AWD A4 is much better) and has been extremely reliable. It still looks like new and I still get compliments on the look of it (I like the exterior design more than today's model). I don't know what I'll do when it's time to replace it!

Disappointed of Audi
By Ronny L. on 08/02/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved my VW Golf build in Germany. My Audi, is a not a total disaster but fighting with Audi NA about quality issues. My headlights were a rain forest. Audi won't fix nor address this issue. I did my own fix to it. If you buy an Audi, make sure you find an independent shop that works on your car for about 40% to 60% less than an Audi dealer otherwise your are paying too much. I will not buy an Audi again. It is a super fun car to drive in rain and snow. This is not comparable to any other cars I ever had. Also, make sure you grease the wiper transmission, this is also an Audi quality issue. Make sure you get a Certified Pre-owned (CPO) if you buy a used Audi.

Nightmare
By dan on 05/17/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Coils, electrical system, various gaskets. The engine light on our car has been on constantly since we bought it. We put a lot of miles on our cars and my sense is that the Audi models just aren't built for the mileage. We bought extended warranty thankfully and our local dealership repair shop has been great to deal with, but sitting in the Audi repair shop is not my favorite pastime. We'll never buy an Audi again. Ever.

Audi is worth it
By ryaninohio on 04/24/09 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My in-laws leased this car new and we bought out their lease after 3 years for a great price. I have owned 3 Hondas and a BMW 3 series previously, and this A4 is my favorite. Steering and handling are precise, AWD has been top notch in even heavy snow and the turbo 4-cyl provides plenty of power when you need it, but good fuel economy the rest of the time. My in- laws did have the transmission replaced under warranty, and I've had a coolant flange and a window regulator replaced under warranty. German cars can be like that, but the dealer/repair experience is first rate and makes up for the inconvenience. Both times I had the car back the same day. Cost/benefit is totally worth it.

A great used car
By 3timeaudiowner on 02/25/09 05:15 AM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car used, a first for me. It is the third Audi I have owned, the second A4. A tremendous used value and more reliable than a BMW (I have had 3 of those, too). Smooth ride, great ergonomics, extremely comfortable. My only complaint is that the auto tranny has trouble finding 1st gear, it can be rough. Other than that, a tremendous road car with great performance that I recommend highly.

A Big Car In A Small Wrapper
By Spring Laker on 08/27/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is on the 2005 3.0 A4 Quattro Sedan. I owned a previous generation A4 and this one blows it away. This B6 is larger in every way than the B5 model. I came out of a 03 Passat 4Motion into this and surprisingly the front and rear interior dimensions are almost identical. The only place you lose room in the A4 is the legroom in rear. (-2 inches) and the trunk. Hard to believe if you park them side by side. I think that is why this car is so fun to drive. It pushes the wheels to the edge of the car in each corner giving it great handling. The 3.0 has plenty of torque and acceleration while still avg. 23mpg w/ 50/50 hwy & city driving. Overall a great car and have had no issues

An Awesome Automobile
By ezrider on 08/14/08 04:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was attracted to the Audi A4 as an entry level luxury sedan primarily because it is one of the few that offer all wheel drive. The BMW 325xi was my other option, but turned out to be more expensive. I really like the look of the A4. The ride is smooth, quiet and firm. No rattles or shakes. Fit and finish is top notch. The warranty is generous, includes free maintenance to 50K miles.The sound system is excellent. Overall I am very happy with it so far ( owned it for 6 months). Planning to boost the HP by reprogramming the ECU.