2005 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
My first convertible
By Mike on 03/25/06 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After deciding to spring for my first convertible it didn't take long to see that Audi had engineered a great package with the A4 Cabriolet. It feels solid on the road. The V-6 has plenty of juice to merge into traffic, and the styling is subtle but elegant. And, you don't see yourself coming and going on the road. Its taken 9 months before I finally passed myself on the interstate. For my 6'1" linebacker frame, I wasn't sure I could find a convertible I felt comfortable in, but the A4 Cab. has one of the most comfortable and supportive cabins out there if your a big guy like me. The top operation is flawless and road noise is much less than I thought. All in all, a great convertible!

Best all around-er
By Ryan on 03/01/06 16:55 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely wonderful car! Great looking/performing sporty 4 seater convertible with all-wheel-drive for Omaha winters.. you won't be disappointed with this one!

Most enjoyable ride ever...
By zerofish on 09/17/05 03:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After much research and test drives, I purchased my A4 Cab. It fits me , it's fun, it has great style, is fast enough to get into trouble, and better than my 4-runner in snow. I had heard rumors of poor service and maintnence troubles. No frets and regrets.

Great Car
By Robert on 08/23/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has given me no trouble and it is a piece of jewelry to look at. I love the way it sounds and it handles great. The only downside to this car is that too many people notice me which isn't a downside at all. Now as far as power, Audi really did not give enough oomph for a V6 and I am disappointed. However I do love the car despite its slow tendencies.

Awesome
By Rodger on 08/02/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Looks good feels good drives like a dream. The Quaddro system makes for improved handling not just on snow or wet roads but handles far better than a comprable BMW.

A4 Audi Cabrio is service intensive
By Audilover on 07/29/05 22:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I checked out every compact convert on the market before stepping up and buying the A4. Let me say., I LOVE THIS CAR. I also need to say, LOVE THY AUDI SERVICE MANAGER. The car needs a lot of attention to keep it at its max. Small crap, but still, you need to take it in like most German vehicles. Electronics, brake squeals, AC issues, electric window motor, engine computer idle issues, and so on. But, if this car were stolen today, I'd buy another one later today. Better looks and ride than BMW 3 series, but consider the V8 S4, which doesn't have the power robbing CVTransmission. Perhaps my absolute favorite convert (I've owned at least 2 dozen of them) tight and taut. And fab looking.

Loving My Audi A4 Cabriolet
By Paul on 07/10/05 07:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this cabriolet for only 3+ months, but it has exceeded my expectations in almost every category. It is quiet, stable, power enough for most driving, gets about 21 mpg, has very positive steering, takes the bumps well, has great eye appeal, and the upgraded sound system was worth it for an open top car. The trunk is one of the roomier ones for a convertible. With all options it is pricey. I cannot help but feel that with this kind of quality, the resale value for Audi A4 Cabriolet will rise significantly. This is a car well above what I thought an Audi might be. It is hard to imagine this not being a best seller, and a 1st pick for convertible lovers.

fun, fun, fun
By terryjbg on 06/10/05 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A perfect car for someone with a family living in the northern climate: a convertible with room in the back for kids, AND a quiet roof and Quattro AWD for winter driving. It is really two cars in one.

audi A4 convert.
By mblumfps on 06/02/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car exceeds expectations. Not as hot as the quattro or S4 by any means, it is still very peppy. Rides more solidly than any other comparable convertible (BMW, Saab, Volvo) I tried. Fun, fun, fun

Doesn't get any better!!!
By Michael Nicola on 05/28/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had any number of converts over the years, and have two other Audis currently (2004 All Road and 2005 A6 4.2) this is the one that I can't wait to get into.....even on a really cold day, as long as it's not snowing (I live in New Mexico). The stability of the 4xdrive and the 3.0 make is a total blast to hit the high road. I can even get 4 people in it. Can't wait for real summer! Just buy one!!!