2005 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Don't be fooled by Das Vagen
By JJW on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The vast majority of SUV owners avoid mud and rocks but everyone thinks they need one. Wagons are underpriced because they are not fashionable and that works for me. More versatile than a sedan and as much interior space as most small SUVs. Split rear seats have plenty of legroom. The Audi Vagen is best of both worlds legendary AWD performance and handling.The 2.0 engine is peppy and when you select S "overdrive" outrageous acceleration. Leather power everything dual AC premium sound the list goes on. We bought the wagon 23,00 now at 45K could not be happier. Drives well carries dogs, bikes ,supplies. "Gets up and Audi's" on the highway. Only complaint they have stopped making wagons

Fun car but
By S_G_Y on 08/05/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased the car 9 months ago with 49,000 miles; seemingly low mileage for the year. So far the car has needed 2 ignition coils, a cam shaft adjustment, the coolant seal/gasket replaced and a wheel bearing replaced after racking-up a whopping 4,500 miles. Luckily the car was Certified Pre-owned, so actual out of pocket expenses have been next to nothing, other than time spent waiting at the dealership. This is a great driving car, and it's still under warranty for 16 more months, but dealership maintenance costs would be pushing $3000 after driving less than 5000 miles. Love the look and feel of the car, but worried about long term ownership expenses.

I finally got one!
By quattro guy in FL on 01/07/06 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having lusted over the A4 Avant for many years, my time has finally come! I just picked up the last 05 (old style) Avant at my dealer's on Dec 31. Light silver w ebony interior, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather & Sound pkgs. A manual tranny would have been my preference, but I'm already getting spoiled w the auto. It's tighter in the back seat than my '02 Saab 9-5, but the build quality, steering, stereo w XM, and yes, the performance, are top-notch. I can't wait for my first road trip in this baby.

In praise of the Audi A4
By Darrell on 11/22/05 13:01 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love nearly everything about by 2005 Audi A4 Avant. Although I've only driven it 5000 miles so far, I haven't had a single problem with it and the fun-to-drive factor is nearly off the scale. One quibble: I find the red numerals in the dash display hard to read. I'd vote for green instead. I'm averaging about 21 mpg around town -- not bad for a 255hp V-6. One caution: even in the Avant (wagon) version, cargo space is limited. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) I give the Audi A4 Avant quattro 3.0 a 9.5.

Amazing Luxury and Performance Wagon
By AKD on 07/09/05 05:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We compared wagons from Audi, BMW, Saab, Volvo, and Mercedes, and loved the modern design and understated luxury of the A4 Avant. We ordered a manual with just a few options (premium package, wood trim, and 17" wheels). I got it last week from after 3 months of waiting -- it was well worth the wait. Photos do not really do the car justice. The big grill looks great in person, and the interior is simply the best in this class. The most surprising experience is the unbelievable performance from a 2.0 liter engine. Although the reliability of European cars was concerning, driving the Audi Avant puts a smile on my face that my past Hondas and Subarus never mustered.

Wife's Ride
By jrh332 on 06/07/05 07:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought the Audi 5 days ago so we just have a couple hundred miles experience with it. We bought it to replace a 2002 Cadillac Escalade so this is a major change. This will be my wife's car but I will also drive it when I can get it away from her. This Avant is a turbo 4 6 speed manual. 25+ mpg so far even around town. Xenon lighting is fantastic. Car was loaded with AM/FM CD changer Sirius satellite radio, 17" wheel sports suspention, headlight washers, cold weather package, premium interior. Great handling along with excellent fit and finish sold us on this vehical. Hope we made the right desision.

New 3.2 Rules
By saoc on 05/30/05 21:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 3.2 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I just replaced my 02 A6 2.7T with a loaded A4 3.2. I got everything except the tire monitor and the rear parktronic. I looked at the TL, G35, Lexus and just couldn't leave the Audi family. The build quality is so much better than the Japanese cars. Everything in the A4 is so tight. I loved my A6 and had no problems in 41000 miles.

New 2.0T Engine is Fantastic!
By Jeff on 05/23/05 15:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for two weeks and love it more and more every day. The 2.0T FSI is just an amazing engine - far more powerful and smooth than the previous 1.8T. Even with the Avant/Quattro/Auto set-up, this car hauls butt! Good gas miliage too. This engine is a true revelation. Audi upgraded the A4 suspension (S4 parts) and has finally matched bimmer in ride and handling. The rest of the car is beautifully built and feels solid as a rock. Audi interiors are, in MHO, the best in the industry. This car is tops in the entry lux/sport sedan catagory, and with Avant funtionality, it combines the best of sporty/SUV/compact attributes all into one catagory.

Wonderful Car
By gary on 05/20/05 07:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Delivered in flawless condition. Routine maintainance only through 1st 10000 miles. Quiet interior. Manual transmission with 1.8 provides plenty of power. Have bashed rear bumper hard a couple of times with virtually no damage.

Constant Improvements
By Ronald S. Ross on 05/12/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Wagon New 2.0T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My fifth Audi...solid, thoughtful in small touches, far more torque than expected. I am delighted. having owned an A6 and two allroads plus an S4 Avant, this car is a delight for much less money.