Used 2005 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

What a great car !!
By reality5

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now . I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Favorite Features

Engine & turbo combo with trans . Car is fast but gets decent mileage , handles well & has a great stereo . I have owned maybe 30 cars in a long driving career as a field engineer & this car is by far my favorite . I will never sell this car & will drive it until it just crumbles on the road .

Suggested Improvements

The only way to make this car better is to give it away for 50 bucks . G

Welp..
By nightseeker

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase an early 05 B6 1.8 about six months ago with about 110k on it. I have put about 4K miles, $4K into it so far. As soon as I replace one thing it throws two new codes, pretty frustrating to say the least. I Love/Hate this car. Don't buy one of these unless you can afford to fix it, or fix it yourself. At this point it should be good til 200K but I'm not convinced. -Brake switch -ECU- Coolant migrated through wiring into my computer and fried it. -Fan Module -Turbo - was bad, upgraded to K04& remapped software. -MAF sensor -Ignition Coils -Oil Level/Temp sensor -Thermostat -Engine speed sensor -Shift lock Solenoid is out now but will still shift out of park if you know the trick.

$700 fuel pump
By gretabl

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Why did the fuel pump go bad after only 120,000 miles? The Acura we drive has 160,000 and the fuel pump is fine. $700 to replace it. $125 tow. I know it could be worse, but I think the reliability could be better. If you are doing all the required maintenance perfectly nothing should break.

Favorite Features

performance, fun to drive, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability.

Take care of it, and it will take care of you!
By sail112

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! 167000 miles and still going strong. Regular maintenace, tires, oil changes etc. Best car ever....

Does 2005 Audi A4 need a recall?
By sarah_311

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

At 70,000 miles, I had to replace the transmission. I'm now at about 85,000 miles and am being told the turbo is failing and that the cost to repair will be in the $2,000 range. If I make that repair, I will have spent about as much as the car is worth today on just two repairs. In doing some searches, it looks like to me that Audi has a transmission issue in these cars. (Haven't seen the same complaints about the turbo, but I haven't looked a lot either.) Sent Audi a letter about my issues and didn't even get a reply. I now tell everyone who asks that I wouldn't recommend an Audi unless you ONLY care how the car looks and drives (when it drives).

Favorite Features

Car is nice to look at, comfortable to drive, has great storage options inside the car and the trunk. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Stereo sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

How about a transmission that lasts more than 100,000 miles? That seems to be pretty common these days. How about a company that has the courtesy to respond to customer letters?