2005 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
What a great car !!
By reality5 on 01/27/14 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now . I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Welp..
By nightseeker on 06/26/13 15:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase an early 05 B6 1.8 about six months ago with about 110k on it. I have put about 4K miles, $4K into it so far. As soon as I replace one thing it throws two new codes, pretty frustrating to say the least. I Love/Hate this car. Don't buy one of these unless you can afford to fix it, or fix it yourself. At this point it should be good til 200K but I'm not convinced. -Brake switch -ECU- Coolant migrated through wiring into my computer and fried it. -Fan Module -Turbo - was bad, upgraded to K04& remapped software. -MAF sensor -Ignition Coils -Oil Level/Temp sensor -Thermostat -Engine speed sensor -Shift lock Solenoid is out now but will still shift out of park if you know the trick.

$700 fuel pump
By gretabl on 06/14/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Why did the fuel pump go bad after only 120,000 miles? The Acura we drive has 160,000 and the fuel pump is fine. $700 to replace it. $125 tow. I know it could be worse, but I think the reliability could be better. If you are doing all the required maintenance perfectly nothing should break.

Take care of it, and it will take care of you!
By sail112 on 06/10/12 04:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! 167000 miles and still going strong. Regular maintenace, tires, oil changes etc. Best car ever....

Does 2005 Audi A4 need a recall?
By sarah_311 on 05/20/11 14:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

At 70,000 miles, I had to replace the transmission. I'm now at about 85,000 miles and am being told the turbo is failing and that the cost to repair will be in the $2,000 range. If I make that repair, I will have spent about as much as the car is worth today on just two repairs. In doing some searches, it looks like to me that Audi has a transmission issue in these cars. (Haven't seen the same complaints about the turbo, but I haven't looked a lot either.) Sent Audi a letter about my issues and didn't even get a reply. I now tell everyone who asks that I wouldn't recommend an Audi unless you ONLY care how the car looks and drives (when it drives).

Awful, awful, AWFUL!
By BethanyE on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have replaced: the crank shaft, the A/C compressor, the fuel injector pump, tires TWICE in 2.5 years (I'm a girl - I don't ride this car hard at all), the air intake, headlights x 13 (there are an insane amount of headlights in this car). I would have been better off (and happier) riding the bus.

Amazing car
By Chris on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 4 or 5 months ago, and i love it. For a V6 it seems far more powerful than a V6 on any other car. Not only does the engine feel powerful, but it sounds amazing, I always used to listen to the radio, but now generally leave it on a low volume so i can listen to the engine. The interior is not made for a 6-speed, as the armrest covers the cut hold and hand-break, so i would recommend an auto. I've had some problems with the headlight bulbs, which are decently costly, but that's natural as I'm approaching 100k miles. I baby this car though, i clay and wax it several times a year, definitely feels like a show car that's fun to drive!

A4 has performance but costly repairs
By td on 08/25/10 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love to drive this car. The performance is great the ride is like you are glued to the road even when traveling well over 100 miles per hour.The problem is when dealer warranty runs out and you only have extended the little constant repairs are very costly. The windows have a really bad problem with their regulators ($500/window) that I have had to replace on three windows. The trunk latch ($450) is a problem. Compressor went out ($1700). Timing belt is $1650 to replace. All of these things have been problematic for me and the car only has 79,000 miles at this point. I had a 2003 and it had all of the same problems, repairs, and the transmission went out in it costing $10,000. Just beware

Great Car, but it has its Highs and Lows
By James G on 07/24/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned my Audi A4 Ultrasport since 2006 when I bought it with 12K miles and it looked brand spanking new. It now has 138K miles on it and a lot of story's to tell. The car looks great, I get compliments on it all the time. The car gets decent gas millage (22 combined, 28+ on road trips) and is fairly mechanically sound, but has had many little things go wrong with it which adds up to a great annoyance. The car is expensive to own especially if you want everything working properly and looking good, I was used to Honda's before and the Germans clearly have a different outlook on vehicles. My take; Great car for the enthusiasts, not for your average commuter.

Worst Car I have ever bought!!!
By durank on 02/13/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car was fine until the warranty ran out. I kept every service appointment with my car on time at only the Audi dealership and took excellent care of my car having it detailed each spring. Within a year of the warranty expiring my car would not start and at 62,000 miles and four years old my car needed a new $13,000 engine!!! The dealership told me they could not determine the cause and would not take care of any of the cost, which were more than the car was worth. They offered me nothing for a trade in and no deals on purchasing a new Audi, no financing. Audi does not stand by their cars or customers.