2005 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
What a great car !!
By reality5 on 01/27/14 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now . I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Welp..
By nightseeker on 06/26/13 15:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase an early 05 B6 1.8 about six months ago with about 110k on it. I have put about 4K miles, $4K into it so far. As soon as I replace one thing it throws two new codes, pretty frustrating to say the least. I Love/Hate this car. Don't buy one of these unless you can afford to fix it, or fix it yourself. At this point it should be good til 200K but I'm not convinced. -Brake switch -ECU- Coolant migrated through wiring into my computer and fried it. -Fan Module -Turbo - was bad, upgraded to K04& remapped software. -MAF sensor -Ignition Coils -Oil Level/Temp sensor -Thermostat -Engine speed sensor -Shift lock Solenoid is out now but will still shift out of park if you know the trick.

$700 fuel pump
By gretabl on 06/14/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Why did the fuel pump go bad after only 120,000 miles? The Acura we drive has 160,000 and the fuel pump is fine. $700 to replace it. $125 tow. I know it could be worse, but I think the reliability could be better. If you are doing all the required maintenance perfectly nothing should break.

Take care of it, and it will take care of you!
By sail112 on 06/10/12 04:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! 167000 miles and still going strong. Regular maintenace, tires, oil changes etc. Best car ever....

Cute car with LOTS of problems
By zoiezoe on 08/21/11 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I loved this car when I first bought it, but in a short time I had SO many problems with it, including problems with coils, compressor, air flow sensor, motor mounts, vacuum leak, and more. My engine burned up and they refused to replace under warranty because I was slightly over my oil change and therefore 'violated my warranty contract conditions' according to Audi, even though the delay was so minor it could not cause such a problem (sludge, not lack of oil). I later did a Google search for "Audi engine sludge" and found similar complaints from others. It's very difficult and expensive to fix. This car is adorable and fun to drive, but wow did it do damage to my wallet.

Does 2005 Audi A4 need a recall?
By sarah_311 on 05/20/11 14:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

At 70,000 miles, I had to replace the transmission. I'm now at about 85,000 miles and am being told the turbo is failing and that the cost to repair will be in the $2,000 range. If I make that repair, I will have spent about as much as the car is worth today on just two repairs. In doing some searches, it looks like to me that Audi has a transmission issue in these cars. (Haven't seen the same complaints about the turbo, but I haven't looked a lot either.) Sent Audi a letter about my issues and didn't even get a reply. I now tell everyone who asks that I wouldn't recommend an Audi unless you ONLY care how the car looks and drives (when it drives).

Get extended warranty
By Wazzujon on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

It's fun to drive, kinda slow for you speed freaks. There's a blind spot when the top is up. Also had to replace my tranny at 51,500 miles. YES 1500 miles past warranty expiration. They paid for half. I think they should have paid for all. Now I am finding out they do not hold their value AT ALL! Very expensive car to drive. WON'T EVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! The Navi UI stinks and is very confusing.

Fun to drive but MAJOR Flaws
By wazzujon on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought the Audi with 36K miles 2 years ago. It now has 53K miles. While it was under warranty It was in the shop 3 times for semi major issues. I didn't care because it was under warranty and they gave me loaner cars. Then at 51,500 Miles the CVT TRANSMISSION went out. Yes AUDI paid for half, but they gave me 3 days to tell them to I would accept their offer. SO I had to pay $3500 out of pocket for something that would have been under warranty two months before. If you Google Audi and CVT transmissions and TCM's you will see there are hundreds of Audi's complaints about this. Yes it's fun to drive though.

Awful, awful, AWFUL!
By BethanyE on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have replaced: the crank shaft, the A/C compressor, the fuel injector pump, tires TWICE in 2.5 years (I'm a girl - I don't ride this car hard at all), the air intake, headlights x 13 (there are an insane amount of headlights in this car). I would have been better off (and happier) riding the bus.

Amazing car
By Chris on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A4 New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 4 or 5 months ago, and i love it. For a V6 it seems far more powerful than a V6 on any other car. Not only does the engine feel powerful, but it sounds amazing, I always used to listen to the radio, but now generally leave it on a low volume so i can listen to the engine. The interior is not made for a 6-speed, as the armrest covers the cut hold and hand-break, so i would recommend an auto. I've had some problems with the headlight bulbs, which are decently costly, but that's natural as I'm approaching 100k miles. I baby this car though, i clay and wax it several times a year, definitely feels like a show car that's fun to drive!