Used 2005 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

What a great car !!
By reality5

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now . I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Engine & turbo combo with trans . Car is fast but gets decent mileage , handles well & has a great stereo . I have owned maybe 30 cars in a long driving career as a field engineer & this car is by far my favorite . I will never sell this car & will drive it until it just crumbles on the road .

The only way to make this car better is to give it away for 50 bucks . G

Welp..
By nightseeker

2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase an early 05 B6 1.8 about six months ago with about 110k on it. I have put about 4K miles, $4K into it so far. As soon as I replace one thing it throws two new codes, pretty frustrating to say the least. I Love/Hate this car. Don't buy one of these unless you can afford to fix it, or fix it yourself. At this point it should be good til 200K but I'm not convinced. -Brake switch -ECU- Coolant migrated through wiring into my computer and fried it. -Fan Module -Turbo - was bad, upgraded to K04& remapped software. -MAF sensor -Ignition Coils -Oil Level/Temp sensor -Thermostat -Engine speed sensor -Shift lock Solenoid is out now but will still shift out of park if you know the trick.

$700 fuel pump
By gretabl

2005 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Why did the fuel pump go bad after only 120,000 miles? The Acura we drive has 160,000 and the fuel pump is fine. $700 to replace it. $125 tow. I know it could be worse, but I think the reliability could be better. If you are doing all the required maintenance perfectly nothing should break.

performance, fun to drive, sound system.

Better reliability.

Take care of it, and it will take care of you!
By sail112

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! 167000 miles and still going strong. Regular maintenace, tires, oil changes etc. Best car ever....

Cute car with LOTS of problems
By zoiezoe

2005 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I loved this car when I first bought it, but in a short time I had SO many problems with it, including problems with coils, compressor, air flow sensor, motor mounts, vacuum leak, and more. My engine burned up and they refused to replace under warranty because I was slightly over my oil change and therefore 'violated my warranty contract conditions' according to Audi, even though the delay was so minor it could not cause such a problem (sludge, not lack of oil). I later did a Google search for "Audi engine sludge" and found similar complaints from others. It's very difficult and expensive to fix. This car is adorable and fun to drive, but wow did it do damage to my wallet.

It's a very adorable car, but is not worth the trouble.

Keep the cute body style and great features of this car, but please make it less difficult and expensive to maintain mechanically.