2004 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Very happy after ten months

2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2004 Audi A4

1.8T Avant quattro Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Very happy after ten months
By jeffjnewport on

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had the benefit of reading a bunch of reviews before buying my 2004 Audi A4 Avant, so I figured that I'd add my two cents to the mix. The Audi wasn't initially on my radar screen. I was looking to spend $20,000 on a used wagon that could handle snow (which my BMW 528E could not). I was taken by the Passat Wagon, drove it, then almost sprung for a new one, but I got spooked by the aggressive discounting by local dealers, which usually means bad resale value in a few years. Then I looked closely at the Saab 9-5, BMW 3-Series, and Audi A4 wagons. Considering handling, comfort, volume, price, re-sale, the Audi blew me away. Now ten months later, I can further confirm that this is a great car.

It's a very satisfying car to drive, you wouldn't even know that it's a staion wagon. The tiptronic isn't quite a like manual transmission, but it is fun out of the green light and nice for controlling deceleration to save on brakes. This car has excellent steering and braking control. Its standard stereo system good.

1) Auto climate control tends to overcorrect between heat and AC - even with a 1 degree change. 2) Too much time difference between the regular wiper speed and the fastest setting on the intermdiate speed. 3) Drink holders 4) Visibility out of the back window and also on the side is poor due to the thick side beam between the windows.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review