2004 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Beautiful Disaster

2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

1.8T quattro Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Beautiful Disaster
By missy_lee on

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have a previously owned a4, with the ultra sport package. This car has every possible added feature. When my car was working, it was a pleasure to drive. The performance alone, is outstanding. You could drive at 100mph and it felt like you were going 50mph. The AWD was fantastic for snow and rain, I had no problems with traction. I do know that they are EXTREMELY expensive to maintain and own. Any time my check engine light would come on, which was every month, it would cost no less than 1000$ to have it turned off. One problem ALWAYS led to another and it was so frustrating and discouraging when my car had to be brought in for repairs. Overall, I am saddened to retire this car bc of costs

BOSE sound system, leather heated seats, adjustable lumber, spacey and roomy. Driving performance, stability. This car is great if you have A LOT of money for repairs!!

Oil burning, coolant issues, coil issues, spark plugs, battery, fuel pump/filter/injectors, window regulators, COST FOR REPAIRS!, gas mileage, If the car has over 60K miles on it.. DONT BUY IT! you're better off buying a new one under warranty and selling it once the warranty is over bc you will pay more in repairs than the car is worth.