Fun to drive, but a steep investment in repairs.
By chash1982 on
2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I've had an opportunity to drive all kinds of cars, from BMWs to Volvos, to high end japanese vehicles and NOTHING has handled and performed like my Audi. This car feels like you are going 60 miles an hour at 100. You can barely feel the body roll as you effortlessly carve through corners at high speeds, and no automaker has a better interior. On the downside, prepare to set aside about 3000$ a year for repair and maintenance! Even oil changes will run you 100$, and when your fuel pump dies (and it probably will!) You can expect to spend 1000$ at the dealer if it's out of warranty. This is a driving enthusiasts car that's also a comfortable commuter. I love my Audi, expensive or not!
Favorite Features
Handling, comfort, and design are unmatched by anything its price range.
Suggested Improvements
The 2004 vehicles appear to have an issue with intermittent fuel pump failure. This can happen to you randomly, at any time, and will be really, really expensive to fix out of warranty. The engines in these cars will last forever if maintained well. Unfortunately, that is not true for most of the other components. Expect to have it in and out of the shop a few times a year.