Don't blow a tire
By Margie Determan on
2004 Audi A4 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I am looking at $1500-2000 of repairs to my gas tank,wheel lining and shock absorber, not to mention the replacement tire,which was $180, because I had a flat tire on this vehicle at 2389 miles. To my dismay, neither the dealership, nor Audi of America, will stand behind their vehicle and cover any of this cost. I apparently had a leaking gas tank for several days before the "check engine" light alerted me to a potential problem. It would seem that the design of this automobile should address the severe damage that apparently can be caused on this car from a flat tire. It makes me concerned about my safety.
Favorite Features
I don't have any. I feel unsafe in the car and any pleasure I take in driving it is erased by this fact.
Suggested Improvements
First, Audi should make their filler line and gas tank two parts, so it doesn't cost $800 to replace when any part of either is damaged. Secondly, they should get rid of "low profile tires". They blow when punctured with almost no warning. Third, they should stand behind their product.