A disappointment
By bearuk on
2004 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
The good points: The ride and handling are great, the convertible top design is a delight. The bad: Everything is going to cost you (more). Within 50 miles of driving I had a check engine light. The interior ergonomics are, in my opinion, dreadful, with the single cheap plastic cupholder as a start, the plastic click click switches, and more plastic parts that break (sun visor clip, center armrest for me). The extremely annoying warnings. There's the two hour 'stop driving and take a break' warning. the tone when you open the drivers door with the turn signal on. It treats the driver like a moron. Never again!
Favorite Features
I think the convertible top design is great. The in dash 6 cd changer is good too.
Suggested Improvements
The red display is distracting and should be changed. The center console needs a serious revision, with some decent cup holders and better quality switches where the black doesn't rub off and stronger plastics for all the parts that break. The climate control has a mind of it's own, it often seems to adjust itself, especially when you put the top down. Annoying nagging warnings that are totally unnecessary.