2004 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Fantastic Vehicle
By Brian L. on 06/09/07 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased the car certified pre-owned about 6 months ago. I wanted something a bit more mature with more options. Opted for this car and don't regret a thing.

Turbo Lag
By a4 on 01/03/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turbo lag, turbo lag, turbo lag The problems I have had with this car start with the fuel pump humming noise. The dealer replaced it twice. As of now no more noise. AC turns off when it feels like it. I live in florida & it get hot here so AC is a must but the A4 AC seems to have a mind of its own. I had a 1996 A4 with the same problem. Now to my biggest complaint. The 1.8t's turbo lag. Say you are in the middle of the intersection waiting for an opening. In the Audi don't even think about creeping in. You better have a big opening by the time you step on the gas and the car reacts its too late.

I'd buy it again
By Gadumah on 12/13/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I took ownership of this car almost three years ago and it's been trouble free the whole time. I love everything from the design to performance. Even though I have the 3.0 model I wish it had a little more power. Other than that it's almost perfect!

Got a lemon
By Tom on 09/05/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Since I purchased my convertible in a matter of the first year within 7 months I had the transmission replaced 3 times. Recently the oil pump malfuctioned and the engine blew. 2 days later the radiator hose went. 3 weeks later the engine lost power. This car has been in the shop at least 25-30 times in the past 3 years for various things. I finally hired and attorney and used the lemon law which was successful monetarialy but had to keep the car the rest of the lease which is up in 2 months!!! Thank god!! I love the looks of the car but mine was NOT worth the trouble. I have a convertible and cannot use it most of the time as it is always in the shop. Good LK

A4
By colo4474 on 08/22/06 05:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive and handles well. Audi and VW can capture drivers on the appearance and handling alone.

Don't Buy an Audi
By kelbelle37 on 04/14/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Audi has serious electrical problems (every headlight, tail light, turn signal and now the regulator which controls my power window - $350 to replace - has been replaced at least once) and Audi USA and the dealer don't seem to care. I get "it happens to every car" - not any that I owned in the past (Japanese). They're great looking cars and fun to drive, but need too much up-keep for the price. Think of something else before purchasing unless you don't mind dishing out hundreds of $$$ every couple months on things that should never go wrong let alone within the first couple months of owning a brand new, showroom floor car.

Would do it again..despite roof problems
By kc on 02/22/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I wanted a fast fun car for a reasonable price and got it. Had serious issues with the convertible top not working and it took SIX WEEKS during the Indian Summer for the dealer to fix it (more of an issue of the dealer's inability to fix a problem properly). Other than that issue, everything else has been great with the car. I have the sports package which I'd forget if I did it all over again (too many potholes and bumpy roads in the metropolitan area). At the end of the day, I do have to say that I still love this car.

Not worth the $$$$$
By Acura Man on 01/04/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking at the "new VW Jetta" at the time, and to get all the things that I wanted cost more that the Audi. Common sense told me to get the Audi instead. I had my car for 7 months with no problems. I was at a stop light when it happened. The light turned green and I stepped on the gas, and the car would not move. The check engine light was one, the car was running, but it wouldn't move. After countless trips to the dealer and being told that the car was fixed (and it wasn't) I had to get rid of it. I hated doing it too. I loved the design of the car, the bose xm radio, tiptronic, and the pure fun to drive feeling. When the car works it's great, but when it didn't...

Love my 3.0 cab
By BB on 10/20/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Living in the northeast, I was hesitant to spend this much $ on a convertible, but have to say I love it. The performance, handling and comfort of the car is amazing. Can't imagine giving up any of the features. The 3.0 is a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it quickly with a lot of power. It's so much fun to drive, looks great and is really comfortable.

Great Car
By Audi Lover on 09/24/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is the first car I have really enjoyed driving. It is responsive, amazing when the turbo kicks in, and I get positive comments from people on the street all the time which has never happened to me before. However, I have had to have the transmission replaced at 12000 miles, it just didn't go into gear one day and had to be towed. The dealer was great about replacing it but it did take 4 weeks until I got the car back.