Used 2004 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A4 1.8T with tip auto
By Expensive car

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car used with 38k miles now it has 63k miles and the fuel pump along with airbag sensor and window motor all went bad. luckily i bought the extended warranty which covered all expenses with a minor 50 dollar deductible. Very expensive car to keep up with i wouldn't recommend it if you're on a tight budget. One RSA good year tire $200 oil change $75. Car makes a grinding initially of every first start. The trans doesn't feel very strong and i baby it so much i don't even tip 2500 RPM. A light buld change is $100+ I'm going Toyota or Honda next.

AWD, 34 mpg highway under 65mph. Sporty looks, Xenon lights, Trunk space ideal for mobsters.

Cut holder is useless if drink is over 12 ozs. very tight leg room for all front and back. I'm 6' and I'm very close to the roof.

CVT- Rare Code
By jjmiller

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

3rd week of ownership transmission shot. CVT with Rare Code GZE looked all over country finally found used. New $6000 Used $2500. Not how I wanted to start with Audi. Will sell once fixed. Dealer not helpful at all. Left me to find trans. so they wouldn't have to stand behind it. THANKS. Won't by Audi again.

Interior, heated seats, stereo

Reliability and stand behind car.

Keeping my A4 Cab!
By Rich

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've now had Audis (3 of them) for 14 years. Historically problems, but this gorgeous green A4 3.0L 2004 cab has been great! Oh yeah, a minor electrical things telling me my satellite radio isn't working (although it does just fine!), but that's nothing. The car is so great to drive. Lacking a little on comfort for long trips, but that's no surprise. I have only 67K miles (about 5 years) and have no thoughts of looking for anything else. Can't come up with anything I'd enjoy driving more than this. And the wind screen is great, allowing me to put top down (windows and heater up) when sunny and 45 when dressed appropriately. I love this car!!!

AWD Convertible!!! Wind screen Gorgeous interior Color (dark green/tan roof)

I can not believe Audi sells this VW at Audi price
By Daryl

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this 10 months ego and after 10 months of pain and problems it has stranded us 180 miles from home at 11pm. We are replacing it with a Lexus RX300. This has needed new catalytic converters, coils,O2 sensors, control arms, wiper mechanism, trunk actuator. Sunroof is stuck, brake caliper is not working right and wears pads too fast on 1 side, tranny shifter gets stuck sometimes, 1 wheel is bent, power steering pump squeaks, and now the fuel pump gave up the ghost. All between 75k and 98k. First month we owned it, it spent 3 weeks in shops and 1 week on the road. Most parts are VW. I can not believe Audi sells this VW at Audi price. Don't be a fool and buy one.

nice interior and all wheel drive

Quality of parts, too many premature failures.

Beautifully refined car
By Eric

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have the 3.0 A4 with UltraSport package. The rims and trim associated with this package turn this car into a head turner. My previous vehicle was a 1991 MR2 Turbo. Although it might be the slowest car in it's class, I love it. The biggest difference I experienced (compared to Japanese brands) is the attention to detail. Things such as storage under the seating, lights under each door to illuminate where you are going to step, and a cool hidden trunk release, just to name a few. It feels super solid on the road, especially in rain. I chose the 3.0 over the 1.8T because I don't want to deal with all the problems associated with high-mileage turbos.

Active MPG reading, classy/elegant interior, body styling of UltraSport package, car feels firm/solid (not cheap and hollow like my previous car) and drives like its on rails.

More HP, larger sway bar in the rear, more legroom in the back (headroom is fine for backseat passengers), but who cares, it's MY car anyway lol.