2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
So So Audi
By FLAJIM on 12/06/08 15:45 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had my A4 for 2.5 yrs. I had 34000 miles on the car when I bought and now have 82000. In the last year I have had to replace the ignition coil, fuel pump, and I'm getting ready to take it in for a trans module that costs $2000. And I just found out my top leaks and will need to be replaced at $2500. This is a car you need to get rid of at 40 or 50k miles. Audi I hope you see this review. It's time to trade for a Toyota or Honda.

Only Time Will Tell.
By Bespoke on 10/09/08 01:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have only owned this car for about 4 1/2 months. And I love the cars design, material quality and control layout. Im very happy with the handeling and even the rather small engine. But there seems to be issues with the windows and rain sensor, there are a few plastic interior rattles that annoy me. The audio system is terrible (Symphony system). I'm not disappointed,

Good/Fun Car!
By KyMy on 10/05/08 01:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned Audi for just about a year now! I am the type of person to get over my cars within a year. So far, I am still loving it! It handles great! I love to drive it long distances, due to how comfortable it is. It was between the BMW 325 CI or this and I am so glad I choose this car!

Jetta Jettison
By TC on 09/22/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So I ditched the 08 Jetta. What a piece of junk compared to this car. This car handles better, sounds better, look better, and feels better. I lost a lot of money on the Jetta - I had two, that's right 2 2008 Jettas. They lacked everything this car has and I paid less for this used Ultrasport. I am thoroughly impressed.

Good car, expensive to keep
By Bryan on 09/22/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The A4 quattro is great however the cost to repair and keep the car is pretty expensive. The windshield wiper arms and control were replaced for 500+ dollars, 4000 dollars worth of repair after rear end collision, torque converter failure at 67000 miles, dead battery after 4 years (134 dollars non Audi battery) I liked the car in the beginning but it got costly to keep especially with premium gas at 4.30+/gal. Also the car was never the same after the accident.

MPG worries?
By BigFan on 09/11/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had concerns since most reviews I found mention an average of about 21-25mpg. I have found that reasonable driving habits have given me a combined average of 32.1mpg on regular gas over the last 20,000 miles! Of course if you bought this car to really drive it you won't do so well, but I was so impressed with the design, quality and ride that I got it to enjoy those features (I drive about 30,000 miles per year and don't race, or even speed much). A buddy of mine who does have a lead foot gets about 21mpg on premium in his 2001 A4 2wd.

2004 silver ultra sports 1.8T
By pdowsakul1 on 08/13/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I first saw the car I loved it. It's fun to drive with an all wheel drive system, very comfortable and well built. The only bad thing that I had was the 2 weeks after I got the car the coil pack went out, which mean miss fire on one of the cylinders. Easy fix, and that's the only problem I have, since then it's been a joy ride.

3.0 L A4 FWD CVT
By Jim B on 07/18/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have found my A4 to be an outstanding car. I have been very satisfied with the comfort, reliability, styling and road handling capabilities of the 3 liter FWD. I have to admit the 1st gear off the line in auto sometimes hesitates but a simple fix if you need the get into traffic acceleration is to switch to select manual. There is negligable drop in RPM when in auto at gear changes - if you can feel it-pure acceleration. Fuel ecomony is fine - if you don't dog it and cruise sensibly - below 65 - I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway - 20 in town. The non turbo 3 liter is a great engine.

1.8t
By Joel on 07/03/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my car, great price, great look. The only bad thing that have is the front bumper is too patch to the floor and in the street of Puerto Rico is a problem. But this car is great. The best car I ever have. Best than a Volvo C70, BMW 335, Mercedez CLK, Saab or Volkswagon.

Frequent repairs
By iscalise on 06/22/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this Audi new, within the first year had to go back to the dealer 3 times for faulty airbags. Almost problem free since then, except a few minor issues: non-working headlight cleaners, burnt lights, filter problems. It just came out of warranty (>4 years) and the A/C compressor died, dealer wants to charge $2000 to replace it. I'm thinking of trading it since repair costs for this car are exorbitant. Drives very well in snow though!