2004 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Jetta Jettison
By TC on 09/22/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So I ditched the 08 Jetta. What a piece of junk compared to this car. This car handles better, sounds better, look better, and feels better. I lost a lot of money on the Jetta - I had two, that's right 2 2008 Jettas. They lacked everything this car has and I paid less for this used Ultrasport. I am thoroughly impressed.

Good car, expensive to keep
By Bryan on 09/22/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The A4 quattro is great however the cost to repair and keep the car is pretty expensive. The windshield wiper arms and control were replaced for 500+ dollars, 4000 dollars worth of repair after rear end collision, torque converter failure at 67000 miles, dead battery after 4 years (134 dollars non Audi battery) I liked the car in the beginning but it got costly to keep especially with premium gas at 4.30+/gal. Also the car was never the same after the accident.

MPG worries?
By BigFan on 09/11/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had concerns since most reviews I found mention an average of about 21-25mpg. I have found that reasonable driving habits have given me a combined average of 32.1mpg on regular gas over the last 20,000 miles! Of course if you bought this car to really drive it you won't do so well, but I was so impressed with the design, quality and ride that I got it to enjoy those features (I drive about 30,000 miles per year and don't race, or even speed much). A buddy of mine who does have a lead foot gets about 21mpg on premium in his 2001 A4 2wd.

2004 silver ultra sports 1.8T
By pdowsakul1 on 08/13/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I first saw the car I loved it. It's fun to drive with an all wheel drive system, very comfortable and well built. The only bad thing that I had was the 2 weeks after I got the car the coil pack went out, which mean miss fire on one of the cylinders. Easy fix, and that's the only problem I have, since then it's been a joy ride.

3.0 L A4 FWD CVT
By Jim B on 07/18/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have found my A4 to be an outstanding car. I have been very satisfied with the comfort, reliability, styling and road handling capabilities of the 3 liter FWD. I have to admit the 1st gear off the line in auto sometimes hesitates but a simple fix if you need the get into traffic acceleration is to switch to select manual. There is negligable drop in RPM when in auto at gear changes - if you can feel it-pure acceleration. Fuel ecomony is fine - if you don't dog it and cruise sensibly - below 65 - I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway - 20 in town. The non turbo 3 liter is a great engine.

Frequent repairs
By iscalise on 06/22/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this Audi new, within the first year had to go back to the dealer 3 times for faulty airbags. Almost problem free since then, except a few minor issues: non-working headlight cleaners, burnt lights, filter problems. It just came out of warranty (>4 years) and the A/C compressor died, dealer wants to charge $2000 to replace it. I'm thinking of trading it since repair costs for this car are exorbitant. Drives very well in snow though!

Awsome!
By Hockyedude1234 on 05/30/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I now have had my A4 ultrasport for 4 years and 80000 miles. I have had no major problems. It is an awsome car and it is amazing to drive. I highly recomend this car!

Amazing car.
By 04A4 on 04/18/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my A4 back in January of this year after doing extensive research on everything from Acura, Lexus, BMW & Volvo. What truly sets this car apart is the fact it is AWD with luxury and ride comfort that I did not find in any of the above listed models. The interior styling makes the BMW 3-Series look cheap. I have never found so many compartments for storage in a vehicle like this either. The handling is amazing I drive in the catskill mountain range in southern NY and can't tell you how amazing this car handles. I've driven it through ice & snow even at 65mph this car feels like it's riding on rails. Go for a 6-speed manual to maintain a sports sedan feel. Amazing car!

JD Low Mileage A4
By jdhamley on 01/05/08 16:00 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner of this A4 for the past four years. Quality and performance are great with decent gas mileage. Audi maintenance covers everything during warranty and dealer's have provided exceptional service. I will buy another Audi in 2009, anxious to see how the trade in value holds.

4-Year Perspective
By rh on 10/13/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, my 4-year experience with the A4 has been a good one. I concur with the turbo lag mentioned in other reviews on standing starts. However, at road speeds the turbo is much more responsive. I have had no mechanical issues with this vehicle that required service. The sports suspension and quattro make this car a pleasure to drive in any weather conditions. Traction in heavy snow has been fabulous. I've heard a lot of negative stories about the Pirelli tires the 2004 model came with (defects, noise, low tread life), but I have 38,000 miles on mine, and have had no issues.