2004 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Substance and Style
By M B on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was skeptical that spending more money provided you more substance. The new A4 Cab. I purchased has changed my mind. I purchased the car with the 3L-AWD. The ride and handling are exceptional. The car is quiet and comfortable. I previously owned Subaru Legacy with AWD and an Alfa Romeo convertible. This car blends the best of both these autos. It has the precision, comfort, and style of the Alfa with the common sense of the Subaru AWD.

Audi Convertible
By mls0902 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great ride, however I am having an ongoing problem with the Turbo Intake Hose, I have been back to the dealer 4 times in 4 months!

Get used to it, and love it.
By mangoon on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Excessive mechanical problems early (radio amp, roofliner, window closure, power steering) fixed by dealer. Audi extended warranty by 1 year for the inconvenience. No gears-strange initially, but a dream later on. CVT is deliciously smooth. Time the slight turbo lag, hit the gas a split second early. Computerized triptonic creates 6 “gears” to move through if you like. Punch through corners, enjoy quiet at speed. Power isn't extreme, but solid. I recommend the upgraded stereo and 17-inch rims, without sport suspension. The car is tight enough without it. Not everyone will have this car, but you don't want to be like everyone else, do you...?

DROP TOP FUN...
By George Abreu Jr. on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The AUDI Convertible is just a very fun automobile with it's sporty design and classy appeal. The car is one of a kind, standing out in the crowd and definately making a statement that this is one automobile that is strong is looks as well as performance, german engineered. WAY to go AUDI!!

attn: door slammers
By mortimer on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car love the handling. It's fun to take a 40-50 mph turn on a city block without fishtailing. Only bad comment, you have to keep reminding friends to close the doors gently. The doors are light and close with little effort. So people tend to always slam them..followed by "sorry"

Best Car I have ever owned
By atomicfoto on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love this car. I has a BMW 3 and I just liked the ride better in the Audi. I felt too "on the ground" with the BMW. I like the job Audi is doing with their new products!!!! Thanks Audi!!

Audi Convertible
By jshuchart on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Almost bought Saab convertible...glad I didn't. Love the CVT transmission; front wheel drive was terrific in recent 9" snowstorm. Car is fun to drive, very responsive. A dream!

Hofmeier Review
By Hofmeier on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We love out Audi Convertible. It has a great ride...plenty of get up and go...it is exactly with a sporty convertible should be.

Best Audi Yet
By Houston Driver on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Audi, and they keep getting better! Unlike most convertibles this car rides smooth and quiet; no shakes or rattles, even on Houston's rough roads. The 3.0 V6 has more than enough power for city driving. The car has excellent interior and exterior styling that garners many compliments!

I love this car!
By sun goddess on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I thought I might get tired of this car with the expensive monthly payment but I just love it more and more. It is such a quiet, smooth ride inside, even on the highway. It is so much fun to drive. I don't mind my 25 mile commute to work. I love my heated seats. I would never buy leather seats without them. I love the 200 watt bose speaker syster. I can't say enough about this car. I've had it for 9 months and am still in love with it. I'm always staring at it. Thanks Audi!