Used 2004 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Would do it again..despite roof problems
By kc

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I wanted a fast fun car for a reasonable price and got it. Had serious issues with the convertible top not working and it took SIX WEEKS during the Indian Summer for the dealer to fix it (more of an issue of the dealer's inability to fix a problem properly). Other than that issue, everything else has been great with the car. I have the sports package which I'd forget if I did it all over again (too many potholes and bumpy roads in the metropolitan area). At the end of the day, I do have to say that I still love this car.

Looks great. Drives like a dream.

Cup holder in the dash isn't always so great for a cup of java. OK for a bottle of water though.

Love my 3.0 cab
By BB

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Living in the northeast, I was hesitant to spend this much $ on a convertible, but have to say I love it. The performance, handling and comfort of the car is amazing. Can't imagine giving up any of the features. The 3.0 is a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it quickly with a lot of power. It's so much fun to drive, looks great and is really comfortable.

auto top, 3L engine, AWD, sports seats, the "look"

if something could be done to increase visibility thru the rear view window, that would be great.

Great Car
By Audi Lover

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is the first car I have really enjoyed driving. It is responsive, amazing when the turbo kicks in, and I get positive comments from people on the street all the time which has never happened to me before. However, I have had to have the transmission replaced at 12000 miles, it just didn't go into gear one day and had to be towed. The dealer was great about replacing it but it did take 4 weeks until I got the car back.

The handling, braking, gas mileage style, and ease that the top goes down are the best feature.

The cup holders are horrible and I was disappointed that the top creaks when driving. A friend has an older BMW convt and it does not.

Always something wrong with it
By Kerstin

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my A4 in May 03. It was one problem after another. The trunk compartment for holding the top broke and needed to be replaced. The final straw was when the transmission needed to be replaced with only 9k on the car! It had been making some strange creaking noises but the dealer kept insisting it was just loose bolts they needed to tighten. After several visits to the shop, they finally determined that the transmission was defective. In 9 months of owning the car, it was probably in the shop for a total of 8 weeks. I would never buy another Audi. Very poor quality.

Convertible

Quality control!

Convertible Top Troubles
By Charles

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This past December while lowering my soft top, I heard a rip. After raising the top, a small tear was noted. With Audi's inclusive warranty, I called Crown Eurocar (my dealer) and was given an appointment for 2 weeks. When the car went in to Crown the service department rep said, "yea it is ripped and would need to be replaced (first day lost;they had refused to just look at it without appt.). Returned 2 weeks later for repair.Loaner given and told it should take a day to repair. Next day the only tech who could repair it was out. Finally it was determined that a defect was responsible, the car had slipped quality control and the entire top had to be replaced (after ok from Audi)

This had never happened nor had they ever seen this. Now the question is what else slipped past quality? Will this happen again? I still don't know after 6 weeks when I will get my car back.

Quality improvement-never thought I'd say that about Audi. Dealership need to revamp Service department and stop wasting customer's time. Will look for another vehicle and definitely not from this dealership. This is my last Audi (I've had 3 others). To other Cabriolet owners- be careful.