Used 2004 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Good/Fun Car!
By KyMy

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned Audi for just about a year now! I am the type of person to get over my cars within a year. So far, I am still loving it! It handles great! I love to drive it long distances, due to how comfortable it is. It was between the BMW 325 CI or this and I am so glad I choose this car!

Automatic convertible top. CVT Transmission. Handling. How quiet it is with the top up. Seats

Needs a little better acceleration. Still it is much better then the BMW 325CI. Better location for the cup holders. More trunk room!

1.8t
By Joel

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my car, great price, great look. The only bad thing that have is the front bumper is too patch to the floor and in the street of Puerto Rico is a problem. But this car is great. The best car I ever have. Best than a Volvo C70, BMW 335, Mercedez CLK, Saab or Volkswagon.

I love the car.

The rear window is too little to run the car in reverse.

Buying 2 more
By AudiLover

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I cannot tell you how much I love this car. Coming from a previous Chevy Tahoe, this car is ridiculously built better and the mpg I get is 30 in town and around 35 on hwy. I love the top, mine's white body with blue top. I was warned about the maintenance and labor cost for German cars, they're not any higher than a Tahoe to maintain and you save on gas too. I have 64k on mine and it's never given me one complaint, just oil changes and regular service. My husband's also getting one to get rid on the truck 15mpg.

5k mile oil changes, top, Bose radio, Xenon, everything!

None!!

Got a lemon
By Tom

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Since I purchased my convertible in a matter of the first year within 7 months I had the transmission replaced 3 times. Recently the oil pump malfuctioned and the engine blew. 2 days later the radiator hose went. 3 weeks later the engine lost power. This car has been in the shop at least 25-30 times in the past 3 years for various things. I finally hired and attorney and used the lemon law which was successful monetarialy but had to keep the car the rest of the lease which is up in 2 months!!! Thank god!! I love the looks of the car but mine was NOT worth the trouble. I have a convertible and cannot use it most of the time as it is always in the shop. Good LK

Would do it again..despite roof problems
By kc

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I wanted a fast fun car for a reasonable price and got it. Had serious issues with the convertible top not working and it took SIX WEEKS during the Indian Summer for the dealer to fix it (more of an issue of the dealer's inability to fix a problem properly). Other than that issue, everything else has been great with the car. I have the sports package which I'd forget if I did it all over again (too many potholes and bumpy roads in the metropolitan area). At the end of the day, I do have to say that I still love this car.

Looks great. Drives like a dream.

Cup holder in the dash isn't always so great for a cup of java. OK for a bottle of water though.