Used 2004 Audi A4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A4 Wagon

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

SUV Meets Sports Car
By Schiek

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The A4 Quattro is the best perfoming four season vehicle I have ever driven. It handles like it is on rails on twisty roads. It will never slip in the snow.

Favorite Features

Best fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

don't change

Happy Wagoner
By rbenj

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a versatile do-it-all vehicle (be fun, sporty, stylish, and practical (cargo and winter). Love the design and features (though maybe not the complexity and weight); still undecided about the suspension tuning. I endlessly debated the Sport Package but the stock ride is as firm as I want day-to-day on bad roads, and only in certain situations have I wished that things were more pulled-together. (I think better AWD driving technique would help!) The Avant?s position in space is hard to judge now, but I?m sure I?ll adjust to the dimensions and sightlines over time. 2200 miles/6 months on the car, no problems and no rattles/squeaks.

Favorite Features

Overall design and detail; engine growl on acceleration, otherwise quiet; firm but supple ride; responsive steering; firm seats like a block of potter's clay; thunk of closing doors and decklid; comprehensive safety gear; Bose/Sirius audio; Driver Information Display; low-beam pattern/color.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten clutch pedal travel. Add another ignition switch position. Lengthen front-seat bottom cushion (and I'm only 5-8). Change black color of engine-oil dipstick tip. Design a hole-less front license-plate system. Make moonroof and xenons stand-alone options; offer factory-tinted glass.

Don't blow a tire
By Margie Determan

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am looking at $1500-2000 of repairs to my gas tank,wheel lining and shock absorber, not to mention the replacement tire,which was $180, because I had a flat tire on this vehicle at 2389 miles. To my dismay, neither the dealership, nor Audi of America, will stand behind their vehicle and cover any of this cost. I apparently had a leaking gas tank for several days before the "check engine" light alerted me to a potential problem. It would seem that the design of this automobile should address the severe damage that apparently can be caused on this car from a flat tire. It makes me concerned about my safety.

Favorite Features

I don't have any. I feel unsafe in the car and any pleasure I take in driving it is erased by this fact.

Suggested Improvements

First, Audi should make their filler line and gas tank two parts, so it doesn't cost $800 to replace when any part of either is damaged. Secondly, they should get rid of "low profile tires". They blow when punctured with almost no warning. Third, they should stand behind their product.

A pleasure to drive
By jgh

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Car is easy to handle; seats are cimfortable and firm; accelerates well on expressway; Drivers controls are easy reach; I have a problem with the cup holder location, it is limited in the size and height of cups it will hold.

Favorite Features

Interior and Sunroof snd style of exterior

Suggested Improvements

cup holder should be down under the center console to make it sturdier.

2004 A4 Avant 1.8t 6spd
By F1isbest

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

An excellent car for a great price. Handles well, with many comforts inside.