2004 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Good/Fun Car!
By KyMy on 10/05/08 01:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned Audi for just about a year now! I am the type of person to get over my cars within a year. So far, I am still loving it! It handles great! I love to drive it long distances, due to how comfortable it is. It was between the BMW 325 CI or this and I am so glad I choose this car!

1.8t
By Joel on 07/03/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love my car, great price, great look. The only bad thing that have is the front bumper is too patch to the floor and in the street of Puerto Rico is a problem. But this car is great. The best car I ever have. Best than a Volvo C70, BMW 335, Mercedez CLK, Saab or Volkswagon.

Buying 2 more
By AudiLover on 03/16/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I cannot tell you how much I love this car. Coming from a previous Chevy Tahoe, this car is ridiculously built better and the mpg I get is 30 in town and around 35 on hwy. I love the top, mine's white body with blue top. I was warned about the maintenance and labor cost for German cars, they're not any higher than a Tahoe to maintain and you save on gas too. I have 64k on mine and it's never given me one complaint, just oil changes and regular service. My husband's also getting one to get rid on the truck 15mpg.

Got a lemon
By Tom on 09/05/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Since I purchased my convertible in a matter of the first year within 7 months I had the transmission replaced 3 times. Recently the oil pump malfuctioned and the engine blew. 2 days later the radiator hose went. 3 weeks later the engine lost power. This car has been in the shop at least 25-30 times in the past 3 years for various things. I finally hired and attorney and used the lemon law which was successful monetarialy but had to keep the car the rest of the lease which is up in 2 months!!! Thank god!! I love the looks of the car but mine was NOT worth the trouble. I have a convertible and cannot use it most of the time as it is always in the shop. Good LK

Would do it again..despite roof problems
By kc on 02/22/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I wanted a fast fun car for a reasonable price and got it. Had serious issues with the convertible top not working and it took SIX WEEKS during the Indian Summer for the dealer to fix it (more of an issue of the dealer's inability to fix a problem properly). Other than that issue, everything else has been great with the car. I have the sports package which I'd forget if I did it all over again (too many potholes and bumpy roads in the metropolitan area). At the end of the day, I do have to say that I still love this car.

Love my 3.0 cab
By BB on 10/20/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 quattro AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Living in the northeast, I was hesitant to spend this much $ on a convertible, but have to say I love it. The performance, handling and comfort of the car is amazing. Can't imagine giving up any of the features. The 3.0 is a little sluggish off the line, but makes up for it quickly with a lot of power. It's so much fun to drive, looks great and is really comfortable.

Great Car
By Audi Lover on 09/24/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is the first car I have really enjoyed driving. It is responsive, amazing when the turbo kicks in, and I get positive comments from people on the street all the time which has never happened to me before. However, I have had to have the transmission replaced at 12000 miles, it just didn't go into gear one day and had to be towed. The dealer was great about replacing it but it did take 4 weeks until I got the car back.

Always something wrong with it
By Kerstin on 04/18/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my A4 in May 03. It was one problem after another. The trunk compartment for holding the top broke and needed to be replaced. The final straw was when the transmission needed to be replaced with only 9k on the car! It had been making some strange creaking noises but the dealer kept insisting it was just loose bolts they needed to tighten. After several visits to the shop, they finally determined that the transmission was defective. In 9 months of owning the car, it was probably in the shop for a total of 8 weeks. I would never buy another Audi. Very poor quality.

Convertible Top Troubles
By Charles on 01/13/05 15:53 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This past December while lowering my soft top, I heard a rip. After raising the top, a small tear was noted. With Audi's inclusive warranty, I called Crown Eurocar (my dealer) and was given an appointment for 2 weeks. When the car went in to Crown the service department rep said, "yea it is ripped and would need to be replaced (first day lost;they had refused to just look at it without appt.). Returned 2 weeks later for repair.Loaner given and told it should take a day to repair. Next day the only tech who could repair it was out. Finally it was determined that a defect was responsible, the car had slipped quality control and the entire top had to be replaced (after ok from Audi)

Excellent Vehicle
By jb1170 on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for a year now. It performs beautifully, and gets great mileage. Fun to drive around town, performs great on the highway, and is extremely quick for a 4 cyl with the tip-tronic transmission. If you can push a button, then you know how to use the top. Comes standard with numerous comfort options. If you are interested in a convertable in this category then I highly recommend looking at this vehicle. You wont be disappointed.