2004 Audi A4 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Fun to drive at a price
By iamme1979 on 12/06/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned my 2004 audi a4 3.0L with ultrasport package for a bit over 4 years. This car is a blast to drive, and living in Minnesota, it is the best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. Having said that I have been most definitely disappointed with the reliability. It seems every 4-6 months I have a major repair, not including the little things that I take care of myself. New tires every 1-2 years (15,000 miles/yr)Timing belt at 75,000, new radiator fan, new clutch and flywheel. I have spent $4000 in repairs on it this year alone. So beware and know that it may be cheaper than some, has great style, and is a lot of fun, but you may be better off with something more durable.

Great AWD Wagon
By Steve on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Older couples' car with all documentation. Rides, looks and feels excellent. Great Bose stereo. Ultra sport package is awesome! Easy to forget this is a wagon. I traded in a 2008 Suzuki SX4 4 cyl AWD hatchback for this car. I wanted more power and luxury. Did some research and, an Avant 3.0 was the best bet. I really like the B6 (2002-05) generation of this car, Audi styling at its' epitome. Current generations (B7 & B8 late 2005-08, 2009-) A4s' styling is way out there, not my taste at all.

Very happy after ten months
By jeffjnewport on 02/24/05 22:21 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had the benefit of reading a bunch of reviews before buying my 2004 Audi A4 Avant, so I figured that I'd add my two cents to the mix. The Audi wasn't initially on my radar screen. I was looking to spend $20,000 on a used wagon that could handle snow (which my BMW 528E could not). I was taken by the Passat Wagon, drove it, then almost sprung for a new one, but I got spooked by the aggressive discounting by local dealers, which usually means bad resale value in a few years. Then I looked closely at the Saab 9-5, BMW 3-Series, and Audi A4 wagons. Considering handling, comfort, volume, price, re-sale, the Audi blew me away. Now ten months later, I can further confirm that this is a great car.

Ultra-Sport Avant Ultra-Fun!
By CVG on 12/21/04 12:16 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just looking at the car makes me grin ear to ear. Great lines and inside it just continues, leather, feel-good dash, excellent sound system. Fast enough and brakes that actually do there job. Drove from Chicago to New Jersey with the wife and our two dogs. Fold-down rear seats with built-in dog screen, the tops! I have become an Audi enthusiast! The dealership was top notch along with the salesman. The service incredible.

fun, fun, fun...
By dandriver on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My Avant is the most fun, best handling car I've ever had and that includes a '78 911SC! It's also practical, I've loaded a 32" TV into the back and hauled bags of lawn supplies. To me it's a more practical version of the Mini.

SUV Meets Sports Car
By Schiek on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The A4 Quattro is the best perfoming four season vehicle I have ever driven. It handles like it is on rails on twisty roads. It will never slip in the snow.

Happy Wagoner
By rbenj on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a versatile do-it-all vehicle (be fun, sporty, stylish, and practical (cargo and winter). Love the design and features (though maybe not the complexity and weight); still undecided about the suspension tuning. I endlessly debated the Sport Package but the stock ride is as firm as I want day-to-day on bad roads, and only in certain situations have I wished that things were more pulled-together. (I think better AWD driving technique would help!) The Avant?s position in space is hard to judge now, but I?m sure I?ll adjust to the dimensions and sightlines over time. 2200 miles/6 months on the car, no problems and no rattles/squeaks.

Don't blow a tire
By Margie Determan on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am looking at $1500-2000 of repairs to my gas tank,wheel lining and shock absorber, not to mention the replacement tire,which was $180, because I had a flat tire on this vehicle at 2389 miles. To my dismay, neither the dealership, nor Audi of America, will stand behind their vehicle and cover any of this cost. I apparently had a leaking gas tank for several days before the "check engine" light alerted me to a potential problem. It would seem that the design of this automobile should address the severe damage that apparently can be caused on this car from a flat tire. It makes me concerned about my safety.

A pleasure to drive
By jgh on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Car is easy to handle; seats are cimfortable and firm; accelerates well on expressway; Drivers controls are easy reach; I have a problem with the cup holder location, it is limited in the size and height of cups it will hold.

2004 A4 Avant 1.8t 6spd
By F1isbest on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A4 Wagon 1.8T Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

An excellent car for a great price. Handles well, with many comforts inside.