Used 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Loved it but it had to go
By hadalotofcars

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was by far my favorite Audi. An 04 Ultrasport. Fantastic handling. Good thing I had an extended warranty - the car broke a lot - always something - the only way I would consider driving another Audi product at this time would be if I could have this car back - after repairing it month after month I sold it to buy a new Audi. I traded that within a month of buying it.

Awesome lights, interior, exterior lines, cornering, performance from a 4 cylinder

None

DON'T BUY THIS CAR IT IS GARBAGE!!!
By jenna1095

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought this car in 10/08 1st repair 12/31/08 coil packs $363 (I had to have these done 2 more times between then and now) 2nd repair 2/25/10 Clutch $1677 3rd repair 2/4/11 Crank Case $242 4th repair 4/6/11 PCV Valve $254 5th repair 4/7/11 (Yes it broke down on the way home from the shop) Fuel Pump $595 I am missing one recipt for a valve cover gasket if I remember right around 12/10 $200 When Picking up from getting fuel pump installed was informed it needs a CAT Quoted $1500 Fathers day 2011 Had complete Brake failure barely missed a car hopped a curb flew over a ditch and hit a telephone pole (from what I understand this is a common problem) DO NOT BUY THIS CAR IT IS NOT SAFE!!!!

I would say it looks good rolling down a hill since it is unlikely to be able to drive it self down but chances are you wont be able to stop at the bottom.

Make a car that will last more then 100K miles would be a good start. Mine has 104K

REALLY
By tkite721

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ok so i feel like the only people that write reviews are the people that have problems...... Really you are switching from a Nice loaded sports car to a cheapo Economy car with cloths seats?????? I myself have never had any problems and several of my buddies have never had any problems only on EDMUNDS do people have problems.....

Best car ever
By audi 1.8t

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is better than any other. Has awesome stereo lots of bass sounds great. Has lots of power from a 1.8 t. Great sport suspension rides as if the car was riding on rails, love the smooth shifting. Really beats any other car. Great gas mileage, comfortable to drive over 1200 miles.

Sport suspension, the smooth shifting pretty fast, no turbo lag, no problems, great awesome car

Audi should have put the 2.0t motor in the 2004 a4 - would be a lot faster

Jetta Jettison
By TC

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So I ditched the 08 Jetta. What a piece of junk compared to this car. This car handles better, sounds better, look better, and feels better. I lost a lot of money on the Jetta - I had two, that's right 2 2008 Jettas. They lacked everything this car has and I paid less for this used Ultrasport. I am thoroughly impressed.

Suspension, looks, headlights

Just a tad more HP, but with gas at $3.50 a gallon right now, I'm ok that a tank of 18.5 gallons lasts me 3 full weeks. Lucky me!