2003 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Oil leak Problem

2003 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

Oil leak Problem
By samnim on

2003 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

As much fun to drive this car as, as much as the oil leakage does hurt your budget, so far I did spend close to 6000$ on this car in repairs, and yet the issue of oil leak was not fixed. and I was last called by the dealer to tell me, it needs an engine rebuild and this will cost me another 3000-4000 $ and they are not sure if it will solve the massive loss of oil ( more than a quarter of oil every 900 miles )

Favorite Features

Stability while driving, AWD, it gives you confidence, solid on the ground

Suggested Improvements

Please work on this engine oil leak problem, as I find it major and problematic
By flexgud84
on 02/27/12 07:50 AM (PST)

Hi, I just bought myself a used vehicle similar to yours. May I ask how much mileage do you have already when it started giving you these issues?

By fyste
on 08/25/14 19:38 PM (PDT)

I had a Passat - same vehicle - same issue. In and out of garages from dealerships to independents and nobody could fix the problem. One day I gave a homeless guy a lift. He wasn't in the car 5 minutes before he told me the motor mounts on the car were shot and he bet I was burning oil and that I probably smelled gas occasionally. We stopped the car and opened the hood. Sure enough, with the brake on and moving the shifter through drive and reverse, the engine moved about 10 inches. He told me to get rid of it. I traded it in after that and will never go there again. loved the look - hated the problems. good luck. PS Homeless man - if you're out there - thanks.